Parenting Ideas

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
I was watching Titus last night and I heard one of the greatest parenting ideas ever. Not just punish your child when they do something bad but humliate the hell out of them. You forget a spank or talking to but get embrassed as hell in front of your friends, well that sticks with you. I'm looking forward until my son is old enough for me to start this great parenting concept. It's hard to embrasse someone that doesn't mind walking out of the bathroom in front of his classmates with his pants down around his ankles.

That could give a kid issues actually. Think of how thats going to mess with his mind and make him need psychiatric help.

CletusJones said:
that's actually a good idea. i'll forget that by the time i'm ready to have kids though.
Gah, my dad did that. He would always wait till I had friends around and then humiliate me in front of them. That's a horrible thing to do. If you want your kids to like you, I would advise against that.

xlr8ed said:
punishment doesn't work, consequences do
You couldn't be more right. The whole, "You're gonna get into trouble" thing is a great deterrent, but maybe that does go hand in hand with punishment, if punishment is the consequence you must face. I know to this day I'm still terrified of "getting into trouble" because of the strict nature in which I was raised.

And btw, parents are too fucking lazy to raise their kids these days. If you sat down and worked with your kid as a child, instead of sitting them in front of the TV and giving them everything they ask for, there would be a helluva lot less problems.

But that's not easy to do, and no one wants to work hard anymore.

And btw,

graph.JPG

zengirl said:
You couldn't be more right. The whole, "You're gonna get into trouble" thing is a great deterrent, but maybe that does go hand in hand with punishment, if punishment is the consequence you must face. I know to this day I'm still terrified of "getting into trouble" because of the strict nature in which I was raised.

See I was raised strictly and was always scared of that but then I kinda went the opposite way and did things just to antagonise, I've got no real time for authority anymore, but I think that's just the kinda person I am. :)

fly said:
And btw, parents are too fucking lazy to raise their kids these days. If you sat down and worked with your kid as a child, instead of sitting them in front of the TV and giving them everything they ask for, there would be a helluva lot less problems.

Ah Grandad Fly is on his soap box...

Tell us Pappy about the War of Dippity-Doo!

fly said:

QFT

fly said:

I think parents are afraid to punish their kids, they think giving "time outs" is an effective way. Spanking has become completely politically incorrect, and any sort of real discipline is frowned upon. Parents don't seem to be parenting anymore, I agree with you completely. Now, I grew up on the opposite end of the spectrum, we had a very strict and disciplined house. Spanking wasn't uncommon at all... and imagine this... neither me nor my siblings have ADD, ADHD, or any other sort of personality disorder at all, and none of us are medicated either. :o

zengirl said:
I think parents are afraid to punish their kids, they think giving "time outs" is an effective way. Spanking has become completely politically incorrect, and any sort of real discipline is frowned upon. Parents don't seem to be parenting anymore, I agree with you completely. Now, I grew up on the opposite end of the spectrum, we had a very strict and disciplined house. Spanking wasn't uncommon at all... and imagine this... neither me nor my siblings have ADD, ADHD, or any other sort of personality disorder at all, and none of us are medicated either. :o
Heh, thats how my family worked. We got spankings and proper discipline, also my parents sat down with us after school every day and helped with homework questions.

I can't say we all came out normal tho. :cool: