Parallels

So, I got myself a new Mac Pro at work. Dual 2.6Ghz Dual Core Xeon with 4Gb of ram. I just got Parallels. It runs XP crazy fast. This is definitely better than the Virtual Windows crap.

Anyone else using it? Got a game demo I can try to run on it?

That is a beast.

You could run several 3rd world countries on it and still do your regular shit at the same time.

Is that the one that can hold up to 16GB of memory?

That is a beast.

You could run several 3rd world countries on it and still do your regular shit at the same time.

Is that the one that can hold up to 16GB of memory?

yeah. it has 8 memory slots.

Until CS3 is released, it will not benefit me all that much. The CS2 apps aren't much faster and are prone to crash b/c of Rosetta.

Photoshop CS3 is insane at how fast it runs.

After a bit of research, I've found that 3D doesn't work under Parallels at the moment. I'm trying to get a copy of Vista to test. This evening, I'll run Sisoft Sandra on it and see what I get. :)

pics stat!

26046016f1c9ddd7.png

Take a look at Fusion, it has some 3d support. http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/releasenotes_fusion.html

Make sure you guys upgrade that mac to Leopard as well when it comes out. Allegedly on Tiger there is a problem that forces CS3 to pause for a bit while the OS manages the system cache. It may also cause some CS2 crashes. (use the disable VM buffering plugin to fix) This has allegedly been fixed in Leopard.

Take a look at Fusion, it has some 3d support. http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/releasenotes_fusion.html

Make sure you guys upgrade that mac to Leopard as well when it comes out. Allegedly on Tiger there is a problem that forces CS3 to pause for a bit while the OS manages the system cache. It may also cause some CS2 crashes. (use the disable VM buffering plugin to fix) This has allegedly been fixed in Leopard.

Hmm.. Nothing mentioned about the VM buffering plugin on the Adobe forums. I will have to look in to that. I will definitely get Leopard when it comes out. Since Desktop Manager is all kinda broken on the Intel machines. I need multiple desktops. Especially with 2 monitors. :fly: