Pain

I have been hit with a live service line. I believe it was rated 1440V. That was hellish because you don't just get the initial pain, but you get aftershocks as well.

I'd still say herniated disc is the most painful though. Its such a bitch because its manageable when you're completely still, but the second you move the wrong way, its intense, blinding pain everywhere.

I hear you on the back thing.

Also try having injections of cortizone into your spinal column to suppress an enlarged disk pressing on your nerves in your lumbar region. And get that series of injections 3 times before it actually took.

I've had that done numerous times. Those didn't bother me. At one point, they inserted the needles and ran an electrical current through them for several minutes in about four different places. That was uncomfortable to say the least.

As for pleasurable pain, I enjoyed the spiritual experience I had getting the PA done. When I was a kid, I enjoyed tormenting my boybits to the point that makes other cringe.

I don't believe/like pain medication. I would rather have my body defend itself against pain instead of having artificial elements do that for me and tricking my body. 3 hours after my wisdom teeth extraction, I was eating a pot roast sandwich. I never use medication unless it is something like antibotics or something like that. I never use pain medication. I get that from my dad. He doesn't use novicane for his root canals he has had at the dentists. He's hardcore.

A friend of mine broke my arm in high school. Both bones snapped in half, and the muscles and tendons then pulled the upper portion down towards my elbow. (think snapping a pencil in half and then putting the two pieces side by side)

The break itself was loud and somewhat disturbing, but didn't really hurt. Just ached pretty bad, and swelled up with fluid to a pretty grotesque proportion.

At the hospital (where I sat in the waiting room for 6 hours) the doctor gave me 13 anesthetic shots up and down my arm in an effort to dull what he said would be "a possibly significant" amount of pain during the resetting process. Apparently the extended period of time between the breakage and resetting process had caused both the muscles and tendons to "contract and become lazy", and everything would need a great deal of coaxing and stretching before the bones could be pulled out to the point where they could be snapped back together.

A nurse wheeled a metal rack into the room with a medieval looking wire glove attached to it, strapped my hand into it, and without giving a warning so I could attempt to steel myself, both she and the doctor proceeded to yank, pull, tug, push, crank, (and other cruel verbs as well) my arm downwards for the next 20 minutes of testicle imploding, soul shattering agony.

There's really no way to know exactly how much the anesthesia helped, but assuming that it did and based upon how much pain I felt anyway, I'm pretty sure that without it I would have died.

A friend of mine broke my arm in high school. Both bones snapped in half, and the muscles and tendons then pulled the upper portion down towards my elbow. (think snapping a pencil in half and then putting the two pieces side by side)

The break itself was loud and somewhat disturbing, but didn't really hurt. Just ached pretty bad, and swelled up with fluid to a pretty grotesque proportion.

At the hospital (where I sat in the waiting room for 6 hours) the doctor gave me 13 anesthetic shots up and down my arm in an effort to dull what he said would be "a possibly significant" amount of pain during the resetting process. Apparently the extended period of time between the breakage and resetting process had caused both the muscles and tendons to "contract and become lazy", and everything would need a great deal of coaxing and stretching before the bones could be pulled out to the point where they could be snapped back together.

A nurse wheeled a metal rack into the room with a medieval looking wire glove attached to it, strapped my hand into it, and without giving a warning so I could attempt to steel myself, both she and the doctor proceeded to yank, pull, tug, push, crank, (and other cruel verbs as well) my arm downwards for the next 20 minutes of testicle imploding, soul shattering agony.

There's really no way to know exactly how much the anesthesia helped, but assuming that it did and based upon how much pain I felt anyway, I'm pretty sure that without it I would have died.

Show off.

Whoa 60, she must have been purdy.

My she I mean he

And my he I mean Flop

lol

haha, actually most of it was from me and 2 buds drinking at good ol Bricktown.

However I did get 2 numbers and a date with this hottie later in the week so all and all I say I broke even ;) We were posing for a picture and then realized there was no camera around :tard:

when i was in PT after my ACL knee surgery, the pt had to pop the scar tissue in my knee so i could bend it further. that is the WORST pain i've ever felt -- i saw stars and almost passed out. i SCREAMED so that the WHOLE place stopped to look at me. it was HORRIBLE. child birth ain't got nothin' on knee surgery.

and i agree with liking the pain of after working out. i LOVE LOVE LOVE being sore after i've done something to work my muscles. it's delicious.

only the black knight knows true pain:

It's just a flesh wound!

HolyGrail017.jpg

Meh, Im not bothered.

Pain is distracting but it doesnt hurt per se. The more pain I'm in the harder time I have concentrating. Which is highly annoying.

The only real thing I've been through was a spinal tap. I just wish they'd check to see if you are numb before stabbity stabbiting. I wanted to stab the nurse for saying "What?" when I lurched backward from the pain.

Also, not getting some sort of numbing before having the dentist dig under my gums was pretty painful, but I took it like a man. Keep in mind I hadn't been to the dentist since I was 13. ...I didn't have the insurance nor the money. But I only had one cavity so that was a bonus.

As far as emotional pain... I have already expressed my hatred for liers and cheaters ...friggin' 5 year olds should go back to kindergarden.

The only real thing I've been through was a spinal tap. I just wish they'd check to see if you are numb before stabbity stabbiting. I wanted to stab the nurse for saying "What?" when I lurched backward from the pain.

Also, not getting some sort of numbing before having the dentist dig under my gums was pretty painful, but I took it like a man. Keep in mind I hadn't been to the dentist since I was 13. ...I didn't have the insurance nor the money. But I only had one cavity so that was a bonus.

As far as emotional pain... I have already expressed my hatred for liers and cheaters ...friggin' 5 year olds should go back to kindergarden.

Wait, you were numbed when you had your spinal tap? :(

Innermuse: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the scale, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Nurse: Oh, I see. And most pain scales go up to ten?

Innermuse: Exactly.

Nurse: Does that mean it's more painful? Is it any more painful?

Innermuse: Well, it's one more painful, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be saying it's ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your pain threshold. Where can you go from there? Where?

Nurse: I don't know.

Innermuse: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Nurse: Put it up to eleven.

Innermuse: Eleven. Exactly. One more painful.

Nurse: Why don't you just make ten more painful and make ten be the top number and make that a little more painful?

Innermuse: [pause] These go to eleven.