Pain

Innermuse: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the scale, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Nurse: Oh, I see. And most pain scales go up to ten?

Innermuse: Exactly.

Nurse: Does that mean it's more painful? Is it any more painful?

Innermuse: Well, it's one more painful, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be saying it's ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your pain threshold. Where can you go from there? Where?

Nurse: I don't know.

Innermuse: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Nurse: Put it up to eleven.

Innermuse: Eleven. Exactly. One more painful.

Nurse: Why don't you just make ten more painful and make ten be the top number and make that a little more painful?

Innermuse: [pause] These go to eleven.

:adminedit:
/punt

Wait, you were numbed when you had your spinal tap? :(

Supposedly, they just woke me when they did it, I vaguely recall her telling me there would be a pinch.

Last edited:
or me, in fact, i thought they weren't supposed to numb you for that procedure. other than a very local numbing of the skin.

Tru. I assist with spinal taps regularly and all they use is a local analgesic at the base of the back. THen you lay on your left side, bring your knees as close to your chin as possible (while someone forcefully holds you in the ball position), and pray you don't feel the needle stick in your legs.

Strange thought, I just remembered I still have 3 spinal syringes in my purse. Anyone wanna come play at my house? :fly:

Tru. I assist with spinal taps regularly and all they use is a local analgesic at the base of the back. THen you lay on your left side, bring your knees as close to your chin as possible (while someone forcefully holds you in the ball position), and pray you don't feel the needle stick in your legs.

Strange thought, I just remembered I still have 3 spinal syringes in my purse. Anyone wanna come play at my house? :fly:
Pain, without love.

*sings*