Thread Package based internet plans

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif
That's the first step!
:lol:

back to the OP. I think the internet service providers should not be able to decide what sites are available/more available based on site package costs.

Access is Access. The end.

Now, if some company wants to buy a bunch of video sites & make them pay sites, fine. Competition can keep it fair. but it that should not be coupled with your internet access agreement. I'm not
:lol:

No. :lol:
So who here will like paying for their internet the same way as they pay for their TV?

Basically websites will be treated like tv channels, and grouped together in packages. For example, Youtube, Hulu and DailyMotion would be grouped into a video package, and this package would cost you X amount of dollars per month.

I think this sucks and that full net neutrality laws should be passed in order to block this. Though as we know the megacorperations will just buy their through congress and get whatever laws they want.

:mad:

But nice try.

Okay, let's go even slower. Should Comcast be able to charge Netflix to not be slowed down?
OK. Let's speed things up. If netflix is a data whore program, YES, if it is to help avoid them (netflix and their data volume) from "degrading the Internet access of other customers." And exactly the same with bit-torrent.

Not Like this:

@fly, did you get a Thank You from Netflix? You pay higher postage rates at the post office so they can take advantage of 'media mail' uber cheap postal rates to get their DVDs back and forth. I think it's taking advantage of the system.

i think we've identified the prime misunderstanding.

this does not actually happen. Thats comcast bullshit excuses. netflix doesnt slow down other customers.
I asked you specifically this in the other thread.

Do large volumes of data slow anything down, or is there an infinite amount of capacity for data to travel from the data provider to the data receiver?