ozzfest '07 will be free!

They don't make money on admission anyways.
They make money on 15$ beer and 7$ water.

I don't know if I'd go that far...say the avg ticket is $20 and they get 30k people(which I'm guessing is low?)...even if ticketmaster sucks up $5 of that per ticket it's still $450k per show...they make 30 stops and that's 13.5 mil

I don't know if I'd go that far...say the avg ticket is $20 and they get 30k people(which I'm guessing is low?)...even if ticketmaster sucks up $5 of that per ticket it's still $450k per show...they make 30 stops and that's 13.5 mil

But when you have greedy perfomers expecting to make 6 mil each off the deal....

But when you have greedy perfomers expecting to make 6 mil each off the deal....

Some of the bands don't get dick.

From Wikipedia:
Concert organizer Sharon Osbourne has been known to charge underground, not well-known bands large sums of money for a slot on the second stage. During an interview for E! Entertainment TV, about the money bands pay to be at the second stage, Sharon said, "If you believe in your band, you're gonna pay, then I take the money and buy myself something nice,"[citation needed] which led people to believe that the money that bands invest doesn't go to pay for the actual tour expenses but to Sharon's own pocket.

Of course when you have Sharon Osbourne, that self absorbed egomaniac, pulling the power out why the fuck would you want ot go anyways. :rolleyes:

I've been to Ozzfest 1998 in Camden, NJ and to Ozzfest 2006 in Virginia Beach, VA. Both were good events. My friend paid for my ticket last year. I went with a few of his friends. Had a great time. Seating is great after standing in the hot sun all day at the 2nd stage.
I don't drink, but there was plenty of booze to go around. There were quite a few corporate sponsors there, such as Trojan condoms, Skoal dip (yuck), and a couple others I am probably forgetting.
As for the bands, most were pretty good. I should probably upload my pictures of 2006 to my gallery.

Edit: as for 2007, I'm curious to see what bands will be playing. If it does pan out, I'll probably drive down to Virginia again and go with my friend down there.

Edit2: I think tickets for general seating were $60. That includes the rest of the place (2nd stage, etc). Mosh pit tickets were like $90 or something. That's a bit much just to see like 6 bands on the main stage. One cool booth at this year's show was an exhibit of guitars customized by various musicians to honor Dimebag Darrell (ex-Pantera guitarist that was murdered on stage at a show a couple years back). Some really neat designs the musicians came up with that lived up to the spirit of Dimebag.

Last edited:
.......... One cool booth at this year's show was an exhibit of guitars customized by various musicians to honor Dimebag Darrell (ex-Pantera guitarist that was murdered on stage at a show a couple years back). Some really neat designs the musicians came up with that lived up to the spirit of Dimebag.

Dimebag Darrell was my christmas tree this year :fly:

40945ca4c73479cf.jpg

I went to Ozzfest years ago. Unfortunately we got kicked out at some point because my boyfriend and I got into a fight. It was an allright time. Ozzy really puts his all into his performances, and he kicks ass even for an old guy. It's like a light comes on in him when he's on stage. He doesn't act anything like the slurring idiot you see on that awful reality show of his. I don't think I'd go again. Concerts are really boring to me these days. It's gotta be something really special to get me there.

As much as I like free stuff, there's no way that I'd go. All those years at all those Lollapaloozas taught me what "fests" are like. You add in the free factor and it's downhill from there. I do think it is awesome that they are doin' it. Though, they will make up for it with $35 tshirts and $10 bottles of water.

Ozzfest 2006, you were allowed to bring in your own water and food. Only plastic bottles (supposedly no caps on the bottles too) in a small backpack or bag. I wish I had done that. Coulda frozen some bottled water night before and brought it with me. Food wasn't that bad, in price or taste.