GAY OWLS

Actually, from about 10th grade on, I took pretty much all AP classes, math was the only exception.

Curriculum just didn't include it, happily the high school I went to (at that point in time) was closely associated with FSU (as well as being across the street from it), so we'd have semi-regular sojourns over to their labs and mess with shit and see demonstrations of cool stuff.

Not even a worm or a frog?

In 10th grade biology we had a dissected cat to study.
Not that I remember. It is possible that the reason why we didn't was because of my class' reputation, but I doubt it, I don't think any of the classes there dissected anything.

However, about my class' rep:
The school shop teacher told the principal that he wasn't going to teach us, even took a year sabbatical to make sure he didn't have to. I can remember that in the course of my K-12 (which, my school was K-12) we made about four teachers cry. One teacher resigned and did not even tell anyone, we found out about it because we went to her classroom and sat there for about 10 minutes while waiting, then a couple of the troublemakers started rummaging around through the teacher's desk. Found a letter of resignation in the top drawer of the desk.

How the crap did you manage that? Did you not take basic biology?

In the 7th grade we dissected a fish and in the 11th grade in AP Bio we spent about 2 months seriously dissecting a fetal pig. We even had to do stuff like label all the veins, muscle groups, parts of organs (like we had to carefully dissect the stomach and kidneys and stuff), and all the damned bones when we got down to it. The worst part was smelling like that for 2 months.

Last edited:
In the 7th grade we dissected a pig and in the 11th grade in AP Bio we spent about 2 months seriously dissecting a fetal pig. We even had to do stuff like label all the veins, muscle groups, parts of organs (like we had to carefully dissect the stomach and kidneys and stuff), and all the damned bones when we got down to it. The worst part was smelling like that for 2 months.

:barf: that's what i STILL can't get over, even though it was mrmphmrmph years ago!!

In the 7th grade we dissected a pig and in the 11th grade in AP Bio we spent about 2 months seriously dissecting a fetal pig. We even had to do stuff like label all the veins, muscle groups, parts of organs (like we had to carefully dissect the stomach and kidneys and stuff), and all the damned bones when we got down to it. The worst part was smelling like that for 2 months.
At my HS, only the senior anatomy classes dissected the pig. Needless to say, I did not take that class. I took welding and engine building instead. :cool: