Outlook troubleshooting

I usually tell people with anything larger than 700mb to start archiving to something in pseudo-ROM.

I am constantly using emails from last year though so its really hard to know what I should archive.

the archive folder can be accessed right below the active personal folders. It's not like you can't get to those messages.

the archive folder can be accessed right below the active personal folders. It's not like you can't get to those messages.
exactly. i use the archive on a semi-regular basis. i just like to keep the main .pst small so it's nice and snappy.

You know I have looked at that before but never actually utilized it. Thats just when you import your "archived pst" file right? Does that still keep the folders separated like it would as they normally are?(if that makes sense to you)

You know I have looked at that before but never actually utilized it. Thats just when you import your "archived pst" file right? Does that still keep the folders separated like it would as they normally are?(if that makes sense to you)
yup. the same folders will be created in the archive once something in one of those folders meets the criteria to be moved into the archive.

and you don't even need to import it really, it's just there. sitting below Personal Folders should be Archive Folders (unless you closed it, then you'll need to open it)

Last edited:
simple pop email so there is no network/exchange issues. This machine is solely working from a .pst folder

ah, popmail...vas deferens
yeah, scanpst as I see you already have....also, the pst limit was ~1.8gb for pst's created on versions of outlook prior to 2003 and 20gb for those created in outlook '03+ format