Outlook question...

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,255
Steam
mattressfish
Anyone here an Exchange admin? Outlook 2003 is a total idiot and I can't figure out how to fix it. As far as I can tell, the only way to change the password for Outlook is go to Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Custom Forms/Password.

This is as retarded as my users. Why isn't there just a change password button and can I make one somehow?

I'd like for there to BE a password change button on the login in OL2002 or a vb script my users can run to EASILY change the password. I hate Microsoft.

fly said:
I'd like for there to BE a password change button on the login in OL2002 or a vb script my users can run to EASILY change the password. I hate Microsoft.

Use thunderbird?

Umm...beyond that...I think the vb script is going to be your best bet...but why are they so worried about changing their passes?

wr3kt said:
Use thunderbird?

Umm...beyond that...I think the vb script is going to be your best bet...but why are they so worried about changing their passes?

Because they get emails that the password is expiring and it freaks them out. They want to change them RIGHT THEN, not wait for them to actually expire. users... :rolleyes:

fly said:
Because they get emails that the password is expiring and it freaks them out. They want to change them RIGHT THEN, not wait for them to actually expire. users... :rolleyes:

I say send counter emails detailing how if they change their passwords early, they'll have to be anally violated by the office fern.

under exchange properties in outlook, go to the advanced tab and select "none" for "logon network security"
next login should have a button for change password next to the UID, pword, domain fields

we had one of our guys code a relatively simple page that lets them change their domain password by using their old one.

people call the help desk, they send them the link, and everyone's happy.

why_ask_why said:
under exchange properties in outlook, go to the advanced tab and select "none" for "logon network security"
next login should have a button for change password next to the UID, pword, domain fields

I assume this is what you're talking about, but I don't have that option.

exchange.jpg

:(

fly said:
I assume this is what you're talking about, but I don't have that option.

exchange.jpg

:(

I was guessing it hadn't changed that much from 2000 but it may still work
select the "always prompt" checkbox right above that security dropdown and see if you get the change button...might have to try it in conjunction with all of those different security settings

why_ask_why said:
I was guessing it hadn't changed that much from 2000 but it may still work
select the "always prompt" checkbox right above that security dropdown and see if you get the change button...might have to try it in conjunction with all of those different security settings

Ahhh

Yeah, it works just like normal on all other clients. This is just a OL2003 problem. Microsoft in their infinite wisdom buried the password change box. wtf

fly said:
Ahhh

Yeah, it works just like normal on all other clients. This is just a OL2003 problem. Microsoft in their infinite wisdom buried the password change box. wtf

did you try the "always prompt" box??

fly said:
Ahhh

Omg..."buried box"

:fly: