Our Snow Storm

Friday we got snowed in with just over 12" of snow, which in itself shouldn't have been bad but none of the roads were plowed, so people drove on them and made tire ruts, but then the snow between the tire ruts wasn't plowed, so I was driving and pushing the snow with my bumper.

I didn't get very far before turning around and going home.

So that was fun, then Saturday we got another 4-5" and gale force winds, everything was blowing sideways and it was blowing the snow that was already there so it was whiteout.

Saturday and yesterday we were going to shovel the 2.5' + drifts in front of our front door and in the driveway but the TEMPERATURE was -7 and the windchill was -30, it was too cold to shovel.

The dogs wouldn't go outside, I couldn't blame them. They'd make it to the back step, squat and look at me like, "Why? Oh Sweet Merciful Crap, WHY?"

:lol:

It got up to -3 this morning so Ryan and I finished shoveling all of the drifts.

Pics coming.

This is what I saw when I woke up Friday morning (my back yard):

picture.php

That boxy thing is one of those electric boxes or whatever. The snow is deep. I had to shovel out paths for the dogs to go and I shoveled down 18" and still didn't hit grass (drifts and stuff)

SUCKS

omfg im jealous zen. :(

Well it's pretty but cold. Like, so cold we have ice inside the windows of our house (not much you can do when the windchill is a steady -30)

Then shoveling the driveway and walkways and doggie paths is horrible. I mean HORRIBLE. It seems like it'd be easy and fun and stuff but it's heavy, stubborn and so cold it actually hurts, like the pain of a thousand needles digging into every surface of your body, unrelenting and constant.

SUCKS

-30C is freaking cold. it was -25C last night....

-30C is -22F

-25C is -13F

Right now we have 0 degrees F (which is -18C) and with our windchill right now at -12 (that would be -24C) this is during the day, near noon.... with full sun.

:lol:

COLD

This is my house right now:

picture.php

Note some goofy fugger breaking into my brother's car :eek:

picture.php

that's the pile I helped create with Mike and Sean and Ryan

picture.php

This is my backyard, where I dug out poop trails for the dogs.