Our Snow Storm

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
So the Northwest is getting hit with a pretty bad snow storm (bad for this part of the country at least- I know those of you in other areas find this laughable that the whole city would shut down for a week over something like this :lol:)

Anyway here is how things look in my neck of the woods (Portland, OR). These were taken about 20 minutes ago and already it's snowing REALLY hard. They are calling for another 3-5 inches over night and by the looks of things we're gonna get it.

Fatburger has worked from home since Wednesday.

What's making things so tricky is that during the day it melts and then at night it goes below freezing (one night it got down to something like 4 with the windchill...) which makes everything super icy. And then in the mornings it warms up and more snow falls.

IMG_6932_Small.jpg

Snow drift in the driveway/against the garage.
IMG_6933_Small.jpg

IMG_6934_Small.jpg

Front door:
IMG_6935_Small.jpg

Grass:
IMG_6936_Small.jpg

IMG_6938_Small.jpg

Drift up agains the garage door- You can see there is about a foot high drift.
IMG_6940_Small.jpg

Minor. Currently still in the snowstorm. Last I checked we had a good 10" to possibly a foot of new snow, on top of 6" already on the ground. With more to come till morning.

[Snowsnob]
I can see grass! Thats not a snowstorm, its a light dusting!

If you want a snow storm I'll show you the 2ft+ we have on the ground at this moment, that I have to walk uphill 20 miles both ways in to get to work!

NAKED.
[/snowsnob]

Oh, and the reason that little amount of snow shuts everything down is because if a city doesn't normally get snow, they don't normally have any of the snow removal equipment, it's just not cost productive to store for using once every 5-10 years. Where I grew up, it took 2 feet of snow overnight to shut down school, but in college, we had school shut down over 4 inches one day (in Southern Colorado).

I find it laughable. I grew up in Canada- I KNOW storms ;)
you grew up in a snowy place too. crossing the border from NS to NB is like entering a winter wonderland. i'll never forget taking a road trip from Acadia to UNB and going from 2 inches to 6 feet of snow during a four hour drive.

you grew up in a snowy place too. crossing the border from NS to NB is like entering a winter wonderland. i'll never forget taking a road trip from Acadia to UNB and going from 2 inches to 6 feet of snow during a four hour drive.

Pretty much :lol: I talked to my Mom (who is still in NB) and they got something like 40 cms last night- by 6 am they were already plowed out and Dad was on his way to work... here we've got a few inches and the freeways are all closed!! :tard: No kidding. The freeway to and from our house closed last night and it's still closed!

Pretty much :lol: I talked to my Mom (who is still in NB) and they got something like 40 cms last night- by 6 am they were already plowed out and Dad was on his way to work... here we've got a few inches and the freeways are all closed!! :tard: No kidding. The freeway to and from our house closed last night and it's still closed!
same thing happens here, but this is texas. i'm shocked that it causes such trouble there.