Our house

Congrats on the house. How exciting to be able to see it being built. Will you get to pick your paint colors and everything or do they have a set package on the colors already?

Congrats on the house. How exciting to be able to see it being built. Will you get to pick your paint colors and everything or do they have a set package on the colors already?

We picked out flooring and cabinets and such, we stayed pretty basic though and will just upgrade and change things out as we want to later on.

Yeah, never buy the upgrade crap from the builder...

Yea, we figure the carpet and all that stuff is going to be trashed by the kids anyway, so in a few years when they are older we'll just rip out all the old and put in new.

We did get upgraded cabinets and appliances as an included incentive with the house though, so that was nice.

It all depends if they glued it at the edges and seams, or the whole damn thing. Depends on the vinyl.

Well if the builders are cheapasses like they are here, they just put down enough glue to hold it in place, and run a bead of caulk at the edges.
I was surprised at how little glue they put down when I pulled that shit up in my house.

Well if the builders are cheapasses like they are here, they just put down enough glue to hold it in place, and run a bead of caulk at the edges.
I was surprised at how little glue they put down when I pulled that shit up in my house.

I'm just going to have undocumented workers tear it up and replace it for me before I have them deported anyway. So I don't really care how hard it is to pull up.

It's not a matter of being a cheap ass. Some vinyl says glue edges and seams, some says glue the whole deal. Some says do what you want.