Our house

My plan is to put a large safe in our bedroom closet and cover the front of it with simple closet doors. It won't hold up to an actual/intensive search, but it will keep it semi-hidden from friends or family who may happen to be in there for some reason.

I'm a strong believer in not having your gun safe/guns in plain view.

Good rule. Did you hear of that dude that killed his wife with the pistol her dad had? He drove over to his father-in-laws and picked up the gun to shoot her and their infant with then returned it.

There are crazy people out there.

Good rule. Did you hear of that dude that killed his wife with the pistol her dad had? He drove over to his father-in-laws and picked up the gun to shoot her and their infant with then returned it.

:egads: YOU'RE telling US???

I love pictures of houses under construction. I always wished I had the knack for doing carpentry work. Much more enjoyable then dealing with infected computers and bitchy customers. TBH, I don't really like the floor plan. Seems weird to walk through the master bathroom to get to the walk-in closet. And a separate room for the toilet. lol I would have used the current walk-in closet area for the master bathroom. Then put the walkin closet next to it with a longer hallway. But if you guys like it, that's all that matters.

I don't understand how you figure it'd be weird for the WIC to be accessed through the MB? That's how most I've seen are, including the one I used to have :fly:

And the seperate room for the toilet is so KNYTE can be on the can with the Shotgun News and kiwi can shower, use the sink, etc.

It's a very nice touch :cool:

That happened in MA, not too far from me actually.

Thank god for those safe-storage laws we have. Oh wait......they didn't work. :rolleyes:

congrats on the house.

I see tho that you blog.. a lot. Does it not worry you to have your life "out there" like that? iono.. I've got mixed feelings on the topic.

my brother and his wife do so as well. sure it's great for everyone to be able to see the kids grow up and share your experiences with family and friends, but I just don't think I'd feel "safe" with all the weirdos in the world. we have considered something PW protected for the family to use.

Gabe just puts his ish out there.. http://modaresibeal.blogspot.com/

Mostly cause that's just the room that ends up the best for her. The one the boys are in with fit the bunkbeds best, and we don't want any of the kids across from our room. Plus there's only one of her, she won't ever have to share.

Amen to one girl per closet :fly: Congrats on the house, looks nice!

No, I'm not worried. It's not publicly listed anywhere, and I'd never post actual addresses or phone numbers.

Also, it's funny you say I blog "a lot" though, most my family feels like I'm slacking and need to get more posts up. :lol:

congrats on the house.

I see tho that you blog.. a lot. Does it not worry you to have your life "out there" like that? iono.. I've got mixed feelings on the topic.

my brother and his wife do so as well. sure it's great for everyone to be able to see the kids grow up and share your experiences with family and friends, but I just don't think I'd feel "safe" with all the weirdos in the world. we have considered something PW protected for the family to use.

Gabe just puts his ish out there.. http://modaresibeal.blogspot.com/

This coming from the guy who posted the name and email address of the superintendent of the school he works for?

Mostly cause that's just the room that ends up the best for her. The one the boys are in with fit the bunkbeds best, and we don't want any of the kids across from our room. Plus there's only one of her, she won't ever have to share.

So let me get this right... you're leaving Bedroom 4 empty and making two boys share a single room? That works when they're younger, but you know they're gonna talk you out of that by the time they hit their teens right?

Either that or ones gonna move into the basement. Trust me on this.

edit: wait a second... where's the basement? :confused:

edit2: looking through the rest of your blog... your phone takes damn good pics.

Last edited:
This coming from the guy who posted the name and email address of the superintendent of the school he works for?

tap the brakes. I wasn't passing judgment or anything, just curious if it had crossed your mind that there might be crazies out there stalking your family. Have had several long convos with my little brother about sharing damn near his ENTIRE life on the web. It strikes me as a dangerous undertaking.

I'm not sure how that relates to posting a public figure's name and email address.

and honestly Kiwi, comparatively, you don't post near as much info as my bro does. "a lot" may have been the wrong term.

the pics I glanced at were good btw, you're a good photog. the one with your daughter up on the dresser (upset that she couldnt' get down maybe??) is great.

So let me get this right... you're leaving Bedroom 4 empty and making two boys share a single room? That works when they're younger, but you know they're gonna talk you out of that by the time they hit their teens right?

Either that or ones gonna move into the basement. Trust me on this.

edit: wait a second... where's the basement? :confused:

edit2: looking through the rest of your blog... your phone takes damn good pics.

Bedroom 4 will be far from empty. It is going to have a computer (most likely two within a couple years) and a sewing machine set up in there. The boys will have a hard time convincing us to move out of it so they can have it. They can share rooms till one of them moves out in my opinion.

Unfortunately, due to flooding (in the desert, yes I know it sounds ludicrous but after living here it makes sense), not many builders do basements. You have to buy expensive custom homes to get them.

Also, not all of those are taken with my camera phone, but it does do a good job.

mostly there's no basement because you don't need one where the ground doesn't freeze. a basement is only there so the house is supported below the frost line so the foundation isn't subject to frost heaves.

love the place. what are you thinking for landscaping? ever heard of xeriscape? i'm sure the boys will love the whole-yard sandbox.

mostly there's no basement because you don't need one where the ground doesn't freeze. a basement is only there so the house is supported below the frost line so the foundation isn't subject to frost heaves.

love the place. what are you thinking for landscaping? ever heard of xeriscape? i'm sure the boys will love the whole-yard sandbox.

That is true as well, foundations are only required to be like 2 feet down or something, so it's a lot more to put in a full basement, where as in a place like Utah, they are required to be much deeper, so it's not a huge additional cost for the full basement. But also, the ground is clay and doesn't absorb the water at all and it takes days for everything to soak in after a heavy storm, thus causing flooding problems everywhere.

As far as landscaping goes I have heard of that, and it's not for me. We are going to have a nice sized extended patio with a built in BBQ and fire pit, a storage shed, a cluster of citrus trees, and nice built in sandbox, and a bunch of grass.

:lol:

Prize fighter.

nose2-751718.jpg