Our house

Cool house. I like the floor plan.

Did you go for the extended covered patio deal on the back?

No, we opted not to, and it's the only addition I'm kicking myself for not doing. We are going to extend it, but it won't be covered now. Oh well. I'm going to put strategically placed umbrella stands throughout the backyard, so we'll just have to use those for shade on the additional patio we put in when needed.

I love pictures of houses under construction. I always wished I had the knack for doing carpentry work. Much more enjoyable then dealing with infected computers and bitchy customers. TBH, I don't really like the floor plan. Seems weird to walk through the master bathroom to get to the walk-in closet. And a separate room for the toilet. lol I would have used the current walk-in closet area for the master bathroom. Then put the walkin closet next to it with a longer hallway. But if you guys like it, that's all that matters.

I love pictures of houses under construction. I always wished I had the knack for doing carpentry work. Much more enjoyable then dealing with infected computers and bitchy customers. TBH, I don't really like the floor plan. Seems weird to walk through the master bathroom to get to the walk-in closet. And a separate room for the toilet. lol I would have used the current walk-in closet area for the master bathroom. Then put the walkin closet next to it with a longer hallway. But if you guys like it, that's all that matters.

I can't picture what you are saying at all, but this was also a tract house, we had the choice of 5 house plans (for this particular development) and picked our favorite. We actually love having the master closet off the master bath, it keeps all getting ready and clothes in that area, and they don't get dragged out into the bedroom as easily. The separate room for the toilet is getting more and more common nowadays. It's kind of nice, you can still have a little privacy even if someone else is in the bathroom.

No hidden gun vault?

Knyte hides his guns in a criss cross hoster on the small of his back :fly:

The walk through the bathroom to the walk in closet is not all that uncommon, it's popular in a lot of new construction these days. And the shit closet is a must...that way when Knyte drops the bomb, Kiwi can still use her bathroom and be spared the gagging.

A Diamond tooth concrete saw will cut through that slab quick. then just drop a floorsafe in under the couch or something.

My plan is to put a large safe in our bedroom closet and cover the front of it with simple closet doors. It won't hold up to an actual/intensive search, but it will keep it semi-hidden from friends or family who may happen to be in there for some reason.

I'm a strong believer in not having your gun safe/guns in plain view.

Why would you give your daughter the smallest closet? :confused:

Mostly cause that's just the room that ends up the best for her. The one the boys are in with fit the bunkbeds best, and we don't want any of the kids across from our room. Plus there's only one of her, she won't ever have to share.