Our house, week 2!! Okay, repost from another forum too, so what? =P

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
081023houseti6.jpg

Welcome! Come on in! We've only been here for about a week, so pardon our moving disaster, but I thought we would share the progress on our house!

Before we start... do you need to pee?

081023house13cy5.jpg

Thars elllyfants in thar!!!

Well, okay now that's done, come on in. As you can see, we've started getting furniture in. This table set is an old old (older than me) antique oak set given to me by my aunt. The tablecloth is a bit ... different... but that came from my grandmother. I just love using old family stuff in the house.

081023house2nu5.jpg

Come on in and take a better look at the kitchen. This room is almost 100% complete. This is where I spend most of my time.

081023house6oq7.jpg

081023house5ig1.jpg

when I'm not in there, we usually hang out in the family room. We still haven't figured out if our fireplace is gas or wood yet, so fires are going to have to wait a bit.

081023house3er9.jpg

The back of the house is very very sunny. I just ordered blinds two days ago, we're anxiously awaiting their arrival!

These are the safari couches Ryan picked out. They're solid wood and heavier than I can tell you. Awesome find from Ashley Furniture. I collect elephants so the family room is where they will all live. It's going to look like a safari room.

081023house4cu6.jpg

Off of the kitchen lives the dining room. This is my grandmother's table. I love this because it folds up so tiny, but when it's fully opened up it can seat 12+ people. We had a big family get together last weekend for our anniversary, and 13 of us fit comfortably. (The babby didn't count at the table)

081023house7ht6.jpg

As you can see, we still need chairs. LOL, it's still a work in progress.

This cabinet is one of my favorite things... if you open it up you see:

081023house8jy1.jpg

Waterford Crystal. mmmm wedding presents rock

We have started putting furniture in our front room. I have doileys. Doileys rock

081023house9yq2.jpg

Arial view from the stairs:

081023house10lr4.jpg

Upstairs, my room is a complete mess.

Entering my room, that's the full size sofa which used to live in the apartment. Now the dogs bark at people from it.

081023house11hw3.jpg

Around the corner, we have a big laundry mess and ghetto window coverings. (Hopefully blinds come SOON)

081023house12tm3.jpg

The bedroom is bigger than the kitchen/diningroom/livingroom at the apartment. Theres just so much space!

OOOO I almost forgot!!!

Silly me:

Everyone's favorite blue room:

081023house15pp5.jpg

And my favorite husband. He rocks in more ways than I can ever name, I love him <3

081023house14fo1.jpg

Okay! Thanks for stopping by, we'll keep you updated if we ever get around to painting!

Keep in mind, it's only been 2 weeks since we closed on the house. Whew, I'm tired!

Good work zen.

How's the new drive to work?

It adds 10-15 minutes depending on traffic, which isn't bad. Usually I spend double that chit chatting with the doggie daycare lady when I drop the dogs off anyway.

Kitty...it's what's for dinner ;)

Looks great, I love it

:heart:

The black and white one on the table is Bud. He just turned 13 on Monday. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old.

He's had really bad hip problems to the point where he couldn't even jump up on the couch. Since we moved to the house I can't keep that little guy off my fraking counters. He can jump on that table from the floor (not even using the chairs) and from the table jump to the island and all that. I think he's happy in the new house :fly:

The black and white one on the table is Bud. He just turned 13 on Monday. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old.

He's had really bad hip problems to the point where he couldn't even jump up on the couch. Since we moved to the house I can't keep that little guy off my fraking counters. He can jump on that table from the floor (not even using the chairs) and from the table jump to the island and all that. I think he's happy in the new house :fly:

Our cat Steve had to have the ball of his hip removed. Took him about a year until he could jump on the counters again. They have amazing healing properties...

Our cat Steve had to have the ball of his hip removed. Took him about a year until he could jump on the counters again. They have amazing healing properties...

Honestly I think it was sunlight deprivation which was hurting him. We always had the drapes drawn in the apartment, there was never any direct sunlight. Now all we get is direct sunlight from sunrise to sunset, and he loves it.

I haven't seen him this active in years. I need to get him refit for a harness because everytime I let the dogs out he dashes out into the yard with them... which I wouldn't mind if we had a fence. So now he gets a harness and a tether so he can go outside too.