Thread Oslo Bombing

Holy Shit.

It's like Norway is under attack across the board...

[Update: 1:23 p.m. ET, 7:23 p.m. Oslo] One person has been arrested on a Norwegian island where someone dressed as a policeman has been firing at a Labour Youth Party Camp, a police representative tells Norwegian state broadcaster NRK. Witnesses tell NRK the scene is chaotic and many shots have been fired.

[Update: 1:10 p.m. ET, 7:10 p.m. Oslo] NRK journalist Linda Reinholdsen told CNN she was told many of the youth have been evacuated from the mainland island where a shooter has opened fire. But not much more detail than that is known.

And you are qualified to make this judgement because you've studied education around the world and in this country extensively and have a vast knowledge of this topic? You've visited our top areas and our best schools and made a comparison based on this vast knowledge you've acquired?

Now I just listened to the people who are qualified say this. It's no big secret that the US education system is absolutely dismal at best.

History is not geography. And no one here could recite all 196 countries without an aid.

Point is, trying to get 10 year old to memorize all of them is stupid.
It is stupid, so why are you harping on about american education. Also I couldn't recite them rotely, usually I miss a few in oceania and monaco/vatican/andorra, but I could tell /most/ of them by shape, and place them in relation to other countries/on a globe.

Not because it's a practical skill though, it's because I have a memory for maps/photos of really anything.

It is stupid, so why are you harping on about american education. Also I couldn't recite them rotely, usually I miss a few in oceania and monaco/vatican/andorra, but I could tell /most/ of them by shape, and place them in relation to other countries/on a globe.

Not because it's a practical skill though, it's because I have a memory for maps/photos of really anything.

In case you haven't noticed, I fucking hate America. Or more accurately, what America has become.

In case you haven't noticed, I fucking hate America. Or more accurately, what America has become.
You somehow equate basic cable TV with 'How the US is,' so really you just make broad generalizations about non-relevant subject matter that reflects poorly on your own understanding of 'How the US is.'

You somehow equate basic cable TV with 'How the US is,' so really you just make broad generalizations about non-relevant subject matter that reflects poorly on your own understanding of 'How the US is.'

What the fuck does basic cable tv have to do with this?

here you go Liam:

AnpBX.jpg