Orson Scott Card goes off on the media

Have prostitutes traditionally been wealthy people? I'm pretty sure you'd just end up with lots of abused, addicted, disease-ridden poor people with loose buttholes. Like fly and April. (I'm extrapolating a little, I know)

the hot ones that bang senators and shit make like 1-10k+ a pop

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of prostitutes would never have a client who made more than $50k a year.

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of prostitutes would never have a client who made more than $50k a year.

True story. The beneficiaries of prostitution are not prostitutes, like any business it requires management who dont do the actual labour. The people who own the real estate where prostitutes ply and the people who set them up with clients are the will take the majority of the money.

In the modern slang, pimps.

The fact is people who make good don't fuck around. They are focused and get shit done. "Poor" people, and I dont mean the truly unfortunate cases which are a MINORITY of them, generally coast along doing only as much as what needs to be done to keep on coasting along.

What kiwi said about personal responsibility is the start and the end of it. I have to deal with people every single day who are perfectly content to be mediocre at their jobs and wonder why they arent insanely rich and praised for it. The stupid thing is that it doesnt even require that much effort, just not many people are willing to take on anything resembling responsibility or try just that much harder.

You dont get a better life by taking a mortgage you cant afford. You get one you can afford and make the most of it, then you sell and move up. You dont get more money in the bank by spending every single penny that you can convince someone to loan you on things you dont need and believe me there are a LOT of things you absolutely in no way need.

It really is that simple.

flaming, the chicks at the moonlight bunny ranch in nevada make plenty of money... and strippers make plenty as well.

yea, someones there to make a profit off of them becuase none go solo, but shit, they still make lots of money.

i agree with Kiwi and FG.

I mean, there's a certain percentage of homeless (possibly a big one) people who JUST can't be bothered with going to work, paying bills, etc.

life's hard. and whoever told you it wasn't was lying to you.