my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
http://www2.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/22/oprah.apology/

Luxury store apologizes to Oprah
Hermes' Paris store had rebuffed talk show host

(CNN) -- Luxury store Hermes on Wednesday apologized to Oprah Winfrey for turning her away last week, saying that its Paris store was closed to set up for a public relations event when the talk show host stopped by.

"Hermes regrets not having been able to accommodate Ms. Winfrey and her team and to provide her with the service and care that Hermes strives to provide to each and every one of its customers worldwide," the store said in a statement.

"Hermes apologizes for any offense taken due to such circumstances."

The store said the incident occurred on June 14 around 6:45 p.m., about 15 minutes after the store closed. It said Winfrey and her team arrived at a time when "a private PR event was being set up inside."

Harpo Productions spokeswoman Michelle McIntyre said Winfrey "will discuss her 'crash moment' when her show returns from hiatus in September."

"Crash" is a film dealing with race relations. The phrase "crash moment" refers to situations where a party feels discriminated against on the basis of skin color.

The New York Daily News cited sources close to Winfrey as saying the talk show host was first rebuffed by a clerk and then a store manager. The Daily News reported Winfrey had gone to the store to buy a watch for singer Tina Turner, her dining partner that night.

McIntyre confirmed that account for CNN.

The New York Post, in its Monday Page Six gossip column, reported she was turned away because the store had been "having a problem with North Africans lately."

In comments to CNN, an Hermes spokeswoman categorically denied that allegation.

"There was never any discussion of North Africans," she said. "The story is not true."

The spokeswoman said Winfrey came to the store 15 minutes after closing and a security guard informed her the store was closed and gave her a card, telling her she could come back the next day.

Surveillance videotape of the encounter supports the store's account, according to the spokeswoman.

She said the CEO of Hermes has called Winfrey's people to explain "the situation" and invited her to come back to shop in the store.

again:

The store said the incident occurred on June 14 around 6:45 p.m., about 15 minutes after the store closed. It said Winfrey and her team arrived at a time when "a private PR event was being set up inside."

Harpo Productions spokeswoman Michelle McIntyre said Winfrey "will discuss her 'crash moment' when her show returns from hiatus in September."

"Crash" is a film dealing with race relations. The phrase "crash moment" refers to situations where a party feels discriminated against on the basis of skin color.

c'mon...wtf man :( I really hate that woman, she is nothing but trash

:tard:

b_sinning said:
That is such bullshit. It wasn't racial. They had another event they were working on. Why can't she go in during store hours?!

She didn't want to have to risk mingling with the common folk.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yep, lotsa 'common' folk in Hermes :fly:

Well, to Oprah, anyone that makes less than a few million a year is "common".

What's stupid, is if this was a white rich person, you never would have heard about it but they would have been treated the same.

kiwi said:
Well, to Oprah, anyone that makes less than a few hundred million a year is "common".

What's stupid, is if this was a white rich person, you never would have heard about it but they would have been treated the same.

Fixt

She's the ninth greatest american as voted on by you, the people of this great country

smileynev said:
She's the ninth greatest american as voted on by you, the people of this great country

Not me, I've voted for Abraham Lincoln everytime. I don't think any movie stars, singers, sports players, tv personalities should be on that list.

This sounds like a case of "Do you know who I am???-itis".

smileynev said:

Who ended up winning by the way? If it was anyone other than Abraham Lincoln I will be furious.

KNYTE said:

Who ended up winning by the way? If it was anyone other than Abraham Lincoln I will be furious.

They are just down to the top 5
Abraham Lincoln
Benjamin Franklin
George Washington
Ronald Reagan
Martin Luther King Jr

KNYTE said:

Oprah: Open the door bitches! Oprah is here!
Store Clerk:I'm sorry. We're closed and we're having a private event going on.
Oprah: Mothafucka do you know who I am?
Store Clerk: Not really?

kiwi said:
They are just down to the top 5
Abraham Lincoln
Benjamin Franklin
George Washington
Ronald Reagan
Martin Luther King Jr

I'm not quite sure how Reagan made it on there.

At least he beat out GW, who was sixth....:fly: