Opera 9 released

ceiling fly said:
Good to see you. Are you floating away up there yet?

Dammit, there I went and did post under Jaymie's name, that girl has got to quit using my computer so much! :mad: Ha, I floated away a long time ago! :lol:

Reasons I use Firefox:

1. Tabbed browsing
2. Better popup blocker than IE
3. Tabbed browsing
4. skinz

Reasons I use IE:

1. Windows Update
2. Once in a blue moon a page won't render properly in Firefox.
3. Non-tech savvy people at work are unfamiliar with it so IE is better for them.

FlyNavy said:
Reasons I use Firefox:

1. Tabbed browsing
3. Tabbed browsing
4. skinz

Reasons I use IE:

1. Windows Update

3. Non-tech savvy people at work are unfamiliar with it so IE is better for them.

There is an extension to fix that in FF.

I've used Opera as my primary browser for years, and downloaded Opera 9 around a week ago when it came out. There's no WAY I would switch to FF or IE.

The reasons I couldn't live without Opera:

Mouse Gestures are integrated and done right, they're quick, responsive, and accurate. Better than any FF plugin I've seen.

Opera is designed as an MDI rather than one window with a lot of tabs. It's a subtle difference but I much prefer it, especially since you can drag tabs off the MDI form into their own window. This helps me out a LOT when I'm working on two websites (reading off one writing into another, web development, etc) because I can instantly drag one tab off onto my other monitor.

The download manager is tightly integrated and has its own tab, whereas in FireFox it seems like more of an afterthought (which is still better than IE, no thought at all). Being a tab, all the same mouse gestures work on it and it prevents clutter.

You can pretty much click and drag anything. Click and drag a bookmark from your toolbar into a new window, or into a previously open tab. Do the same thing with a link or image on any page. Do the same with a tab, reordering them or making them into bookmarks.

There are several other little differences, but it pretty much all boils down to Opera being so much quicker and more efficient for me to operate. I feel like I'm flying when I'm using Opera ^_^

FlyNavy said:
Reasons I use Firefox:

1. Tabbed browsing
3. Tabbed browsing
4. skinz

Reasons I use IE:

1. Windows Update

Avant Browser, the best of both worlds.

shawndavid said:
No. I was trying to sleep in the hotel to no avail. I finally went down around 3:30-4am. Now we have to walk to the train and head to the airport for our rental car and push off for Keane, NH.

Run by Vermont and get some chhheeeeesssseee. :drool:

Onnotangu said:
I've used opera before but switched over to firefox for a year or so. but the new version so far hsa given me no problems.
What specifically was it that caused you to switch to FireFox?