Open registration?

Registration

• Open it

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Close it

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it couldn't really hurt now as gm is back up...prolly have hardly any unsolicited signups actually

I think it would be good. I only see 3 or 4 people posting in the PG anyway. If they act up they can always be sent back. I think the 30 day wait is a good idea if we had more people to keep the PG going.

kikbot said:
I think it would be good. I only see 3 or 4 people posting in the PG anyway. If they act up they can always be sent back. I think the 30 day wait is a good idea if we had more people to keep the PG going.

And we have decided on a 2 strike rule for totally Useless memebers. I should probably post it here, since I only posted it in the PG...

1st strike: PG'd for 30 days
2st strike (within the 30 days): B7

PG members only get 1 strike (since they are already in the PG).

After being banned, you'll have to wait for registration to open before getting back in... :fly:

fly said:
And we have decided on a 2 strike rule for totally Useless memebers. I should probably post it here, since I only posted it in the PG...

After being banned, you'll have to wait for registration to open before getting back in... :fly:
What about the midnight basketball program?

WON'T YOU OPEN UP THE BORDER
TO RIVERS RUNNING GREEN?
I HAVE KILO LOADS OF PLASTIC
TO TRADE FOR PUMPKIN SEEDS.

I KNOW FOLKS IN WICHITA AS WELL AS SANTA FE,
ALL VETERANS OF THE TRADE.

OPEN IT UP.
OPEN IT UP.
OPEN IT.

LIVING FOR THE TRADE.

THE MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR
I SWAPPED FOR CANS OF SPAM
WHILE SIPPING FINE DARJEELING
WITH AN ENGLISHMAN.

I KNOW FOLKS IN LIVERPOOL AS WELL AS IN BOMBAY,

OPEN IT UP.
OPEN IT UP.
OPEN IT.

LIVING FOR THE TRADE.

IN A TENT ON THE CARAVAN ROAD YOU'LL FIND THOSE THINGS YOU THOUGHT WERE GONE.
BARTERED FOR JASMINE AND SILK AND FURS OF FROZEN MASTODONS.

I KNOW FOLKS IN WICHITA AS WELL AS BOMBAY,

fly said:
btw, this poll closes tomorrow SO ROCK THE VOTE!!

The poll about the new moderator that you said you were going to start last night must have been open for 20 seconds, because I missed it.

fly said:

i think having set rules is a good idea and a bad one. if we become too bureaucratic, we're gonna be mired in tards slipping through the red tape.... i think that on top of all this, if senior members/mods feel someone won't add any benefit to the forum, we can just permaban him on that gut feeling.

shockthemonkey said:
i think having set rules is a good idea and a bad one. if we become too bureaucratic, we're gonna be mired in tards slipping through the red tape.... i think that on top of all this, if senior members/mods feel someone won't add any benefit to the forum, we can just permaban him on that gut feeling.

I don't see how this can happen though. You don't ban on whether or not you like someone. You ban based on them either flaming, trolling, just in general spamming more so than contributing.

Coqui said:
Open it up and just be ready. Then no one can complain about it being clique-esque.

I like the two strike rule.
who cares if they care about it being clique-y

edit: they can't complain if we don't let them in

Coqui said:
I don't see how this can happen though. You don't ban on whether or not you like someone. You ban based on them either flaming, trolling, just in general spamming more so than contributing.
yes, and if a mod gets the feeling they're going to be trouble, he can ban them. this isn't the US government, we don't have a bill of rights and a constitution and we don't need a judge and jury for every tard that signs up. why not just give the mods the power to nip a problem in the bud