Onomatopoeia

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
Blondie and I are getting a puppy soon and the breeder requires that the name on paper follows a theme for the litter. The breeder has chosen onomatopoeia as the theme. The dog is only named this on paper and can have a different call name. We are going to call the dog (which will be female) Luci (short for Luciana meaning shining light in italian) but we are trying to come up with a good name for the certificate.

So far...

Crash
Flash
Click
Splish Splash

Any ideas? Looking for uniqueness++

The breed is portuguese water dog http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_water_dog

Edit: Puppy pics inside:
waterpups1.jpg

waterpups2.jpg

waterpups3.jpg

waterpups4.jpg

Last edited:
What's the point of having a different name on the certificate?

Regardless, go with Bladow. Or BOOOOMHEADSHOT.

Plop

Yea, registered papers will usually have a different name than what you call the dog day to day, unless it's a show dog. And the breeder will usually put their name in it as well. Such as our Corgi, Rosie. Her breeder was Mystic's Corgis, so when we registered her, we put on the form: Mystic's Princess Bunnybottom. I'm sure the guy at AKC gave a :wtf: look when he got that one.

PING
PONG
SNIP
DING
ZIP
POP
SPLUNK
CRASH
SQUEAK
WHIRR
PLUNK
BOOM
CLICK
BAM
WHACK
SPURT
CROAK
ZAP
SCREECH
KA-CHING!!!
WHOOSH

Sarcasmo said:
What's the point of having a different name on the certificate?

Regardless, go with Bladow. Or BOOOOMHEADSHOT.

The point is to help remember which litter the puppies/dogs are from. By making a theme it is quite easy to remember the litter/parents/lineage etc. It's a breeder thing I guess. These dogs are fairly rare in the US so most all of them go through confirmation and showing since the breed is trying to expand. They let you call the dog something else because nobody wants to yell "HEY SPURT, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE"

Also I should have mentioned, the dog's official name begins with the kennel name then is followed by the theme name...
My mother in laws dog is on paper named: "Rough Seas' St. Helena's Lighthouse" but is called Ella. obviously the theme there was Lighthouses.

This is where I page Blondie to the thread because I don't know much about this stuff but alas, she will not post :(

Last edited: