Onno's trip into WoW.

Onnotangu

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Detroit, MI USA
Marklar
₥0
seeing as how I'm not really playing anything right now I thought i'd try to play this World of wacraft . I've played for a bit on a friends account and wondered if anyone else here plays and if so what server do they recommend and why.

I played it, it was alright, got reallllly boring after i hit 45 and all there was left to do was grind and do instances.

I'm a closet WoW nerd, though. So the whole time, I was deathly afraid that someone I know would find out I was playing, and I'd get no more ass for believing in orcs and elves. :(

El Borracho said:
I played it, it was alright, got reallllly boring after i hit 45 and all there was left to do was grind and do instances.

I'm a closet WoW nerd, though. So the whole time, I was deathly afraid that someone I know would find out I was playing, and I'd get no more ass for believing in orcs and elves. :(
but they believe in the undead so it's ok.

Indeed, there is.

The majority of my characters are on Staghelm, it's a med-high pop PvE realm with lots of people playing in all of the level brackets. I would say that I'd reroll on a low pop or new server, but I have a committment to myself to finally hit 60 on at least one toon. Considering that I have been playing since I was invited to the closed beta in August '04 I'd say I was past freakin due.

(reasons Jay doesn't have a 60 yet: In the first few months after release my relationship with my girlfriend had started to dwindle, mostly due to my 100% addiction/obsession with this game. After we 'almost' broke up I resolved never to play the game again, it's hold on me was too tight. I gave away all of my stuff, deleted all of my characters and cancelled my account. 8 months later she broke up with me anyways, leaving me heartbroken and emotionally destitute. Seeing as how I was unfit company for anyone in the real world, I reactivated my account and crawled back to Azeroth a broken man. I played the game for 3 more months before Amie and I started talking again, once we got back together I didn't need WoW anymore, I had a life to live. I shelved my characters this time, leaving them for posterity. About 4 months ago my life went to crap again, only this time it was something that affected both Amie and I. She found her escape mechanism in her friends, I signed back up for WoW. The only reason I'm still playing is because I have finally managed to break some of the hold it has on me. Amie and I have worked out 'Game Nights' where she does whatever she does and I play video games. It's not always WoW, we have a fairly good FPS clan that has expanded over to GW, it's fun to get on TS and shoot the breeze with the boys every once and a while. After I rebuild my rig I'll be capable of handling some of the newer games, we have a huge BF2 contingent just waiting for me to get the game. At any rate once I ding 60 I'll probably take another break for the summer, there's just too much going on to keep into this stuff full time. My only problem is that I'm in an up-and-coming raiding guild, and I'd hate to lose out on some of the opportunities I currently have.

Oh well, there's nothing wrong with MC once a week right?)