Online hunting games turn real!

3_ft_9

Flaccid Member
Nov 4, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Not sure if y'all have seen this yet but I just got it. I will hunt any chance I get but this is a little over the top.

Apparently, there is a computer in texas hooked up to a gun and a camera and if you pay the fee when you move your mouse the camera and gun move. When you are on target just click the mouse and BANG the gun goes off.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0405/p01s02-ussc.html

Wow just wow. I'm totally against it. Not only does it not make it sport worthy, but wasting an animal is pointless to me. If the person hunting isn't going to use the animal for food, he/she shouldn't be hunting.

Saw that a few months ago. I think they were planning on doing something similar up in Wisconsin. I think its a grand idea. Especially if you get to shoot cats.

F33nX said:
so if you actually harvest something, do you have to tag it? how does that work?

I think you just shoot it and let it rot, like Buffalos in the Old West.

F33nX said:
so if you actually harvest something, do you have to tag it? how does that work?

It seems like you would have to buy the tag/tags before the hunt. Then the ranch would tag the animal for you and send you the meat, if you wanted it. Not sure how it would work out with out of state/country licence's.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hooked up to a paintball gun in the subway would be most entertaining

Hooked up to an M-249 overlooking Central Park would be even more entertaining

:D :D Nothing say's population control like a M-249!!!!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hooked up to a paintball gun in the subway would be most entertaining

Hooked up to an M-249 overlooking Central Park would be even more entertaining
There could be free subway stops. But you'd ahve to dodge paintballs. That would be awesome. I'd pay to peg New Yorkers in a subway.

3_ft_9 said:
It seems like you would have to buy the tag/tags before the hunt. Then the ranch would tag the animal for you and send you the meat, if you wanted it. Not sure how it would work out with out of state/country licence's.
well duh you'd need your tags before the hunt, you need to do that anyways. i was wondering how you'd report the kill since the average schmuck wouldn't know county stuff, maybe not even sex if it were foggy out or not, etc. in my state you need to call the DEC yourself and report it. how would you know if you got your own meat or not too? this sounds way too sketchy.

F33nX said:
well duh you'd need your tags before the hunt, you need to do that anyways. i was wondering how you'd report the kill since the average schmuck wouldn't know county stuff, maybe not even sex if it were foggy out or not, etc. in my state you need to call the DEC yourself and report it. how would you know if you got your own meat or not too? this sounds way too sketchy.

I tried to go to their site (live-shot.com) but its "tempararly down". I am guessing this is on a private ranch and they in a sense own the animals and manage the herd's so they would handle all the reporting and such. I agree it sounds very sketchy and it sounds like many states are already putting a ban on this.