One step closer to joining the ranks of divorcee

I guess I question the politicians as well.

They are often one and the same.

We still have people up here that want to change the law back. The reason I heard from one bible thumper is that they will force catholic priests to marry homosexuals (whcih is untrue), so it should be outlawed completely.

We still have people up here that want to change the law back. The reason I heard from one bible thumper is that they will force catholic priests to marry homosexuals (whcih is untrue), so it should be outlawed completely.

Thats interesting, I'm sure that gay folks really want to get married by a person that believes they should rot in hell.

However, I have no opinion either way and am ordained by the Universal Life Church and will marry you for either 50 bucks or some pizza.

CLASS ALL THE WAY

So zengirl, can you officiate the wedding? I thought you said you could. Dharma, you could probably as well, couldn't you? I mean after chim and I get the license?

not true. priests can refuse to marry STRAIGHT couples, let alone gay ones.

not true. priests can refuse to marry STRAIGHT couples, let alone gay ones.

I know, but people grasp at straws. I have a relative that believes it cheapens the term marriage for straight people, but it's okay for them to be "life partners" in a "union" but not "spouses" in "marriage".

I can only shake my head at them so much....

So zengirl, can you officiate the wedding? I thought you said you could. Dharma, you could probably as well, couldn't you? I mean after chim and I get the license?

This notice hereby confirms that Sarah **** Wheeling IL 60090 USA is an ordained member of the clergy of The Church of Spiritual Humanism

Date of Ordination: May 5, 2004

Ordained by R. A. Zorger, President
www.SpiritualHumanism.org

Yes

Awesome!! Now a KY jelly naked wrestling match to fight which of you can officiate the wedding.

GO GO GO!!

OMG

Deluxe Clergy Service Pack - $89.95 (+$6.95 S&H*)
This package includes everything we have to get your religious services jump started and up and running!
* Official "Clergy" parking placard for your car windshield
* Deluxe Ordination Certificate custom imprinted with your name on acid free parchment style paper, signed and embossed with raised gold seal
* Quality wallet clergy ID card
* Booklet detailing customs and practices of Spiritual Humanism
* Fifteen "Get Ordained Free" cards so that you can help others become ordained clergy
* Five blank nondenominational baby naming certificates
* Five blank nondenominational marriage certificates
* Five blank nondenominational affirmation of love certificates
* Five blank nondenominational "handfasting" certificates
* Five blank nondenominational renewal of marriage certificates
* A "Letter of Good Standing" which is required by some jurisdictions to certify your status with the Church
* The new Officiant's Manual, 2nd edition An indispensable resource for anyone interested in performing religious services and rituals from a humanist perspective. This new edition contains much updated material with information on the history of The Church of Spiritual Humanism, dates and times for equinox and solstices, and much more. Includes samples and suggestions for weddings, commitment ceremonies, baby naming ceremonies, handfastings, invocations, other religious services and ceremonies, and guidelines on how ordained clergy can write their own religious services. Also includes master copies of reproducible forms and certificates and directions on how to complete them.
* The Spiritual Humanism Reference Disk This CD-ROM is packed with the marriage laws from all 50 US states, files for printing your own ceremonial certificates, and 15 important Humanist reference books. Over $100 value if purchased separately!
* Your choice of an official church title including certificate custom imprinted with your name on acid free parchment style paper, signed and embossed with raised gold seal

I want an official title... what should it be?

http://www.spiritualhumanism.org/titles.htm

I can be The Very Esteemed

OMG

Deluxe Clergy Service Pack - $89.95 (+$6.95 S&H*)
This package includes everything we have to get your religious services jump started and up and running!
* Official "Clergy" parking placard for your car windshield
* Deluxe Ordination Certificate custom imprinted with your name on acid free parchment style paper, signed and embossed with raised gold seal
* Quality wallet clergy ID card
* Booklet detailing customs and practices of Spiritual Humanism
* Fifteen "Get Ordained Free" cards so that you can help others become ordained clergy
* Five blank nondenominational baby naming certificates
* Five blank nondenominational marriage certificates
* Five blank nondenominational affirmation of love certificates
* Five blank nondenominational "handfasting" certificates
* Five blank nondenominational renewal of marriage certificates
* A "Letter of Good Standing" which is required by some jurisdictions to certify your status with the Church
* The new Officiant's Manual, 2nd edition An indispensable resource for anyone interested in performing religious services and rituals from a humanist perspective. This new edition contains much updated material with information on the history of The Church of Spiritual Humanism, dates and times for equinox and solstices, and much more. Includes samples and suggestions for weddings, commitment ceremonies, baby naming ceremonies, handfastings, invocations, other religious services and ceremonies, and guidelines on how ordained clergy can write their own religious services. Also includes master copies of reproducible forms and certificates and directions on how to complete them.
* The Spiritual Humanism Reference Disk This CD-ROM is packed with the marriage laws from all 50 US states, files for printing your own ceremonial certificates, and 15 important Humanist reference books. Over $100 value if purchased separately!
* Your choice of an official church title including certificate custom imprinted with your name on acid free parchment style paper, signed and embossed with raised gold seal

I want an official title... what should it be?

http://www.spiritualhumanism.org/titles.htm

I can be The Very Esteemed

Gythja has a nice ring to it.

Or The Venerable, but Apostle of Humanity is pretty killer, too.

I know, but people grasp at straws. I have a relative that believes it cheapens the term marriage for straight people, but it's okay for them to be "life partners" in a "union" but not "spouses" in "marriage".

I can only shake my head at them so much....

The whole word soup is the effing problem. Gay marriage is a Frankenstein of different shit that should be treated separately. I'm not entirely sure I want the government involved in "marriage" at all. Subsidising those who procreate or adopt is one thing, and so is defining who is in the inner circle of rights for things like hospital visits, and then again another one for how health benefits transfer. We're just too ADD to see each of them through.

What does dbzeag's wedding night and me getting divorced have in common?

Someone is guaranteed to take it in the rear.

Would it be wrong for me to chuckle at that?

What do dbzeag's wedding night and b_sinning's getting divorced have in common?

No one is getting laid by a woman that night.

:heart: