WTF One of the most depressing things I have ever seen.

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
http://65redroses.livejournal.com/343.html

http://www.65redroses.com/

This is simultaneously one of the most inspiring and horrifying things I have ever inflicted on myself. For the past hour I have been browsing this young woman's journal entries, the first of which appeared on July 15, 2006 and lasted up until she finally died from cystic fibrosis a month ago on March 27th. Perhaps this is symptomatic of our social obsession with voyeurism, but I can't deny its ther*peutic value to people suffering from similarly debilitating conditions. When no one else understands, you are forced to turn to those who do.

Many of her journal entries feature comments from people with names that are struck through, and I can only presume that those people have also since passed away. Some died during the course of their correspondence, and the entries which memorialize them are strewn with photographs of her sobbing and rambling, emotional outpourings.

The entire thing is a train wreck of humanity. I cannot even imagine such a thing happening to my son. My grief and fury would be beyond the scope of understanding.

Anyway, enjoy.

Last edited:
This is like a fascinating, little voyeuristic way to feel like shit about how selfish a person you are.

I'm in Feb. 2007 now.

I don't get why people purposely read/view really, really, really, depressing things.

It's not that.. it's like a happy/sad thing. Makes you think more about life, slow down and how simple things should be. It's not that we are looking for something to bring us down. :hs:

:hs: :hs:
sick girl with CF said:
for the most part i am glad to have cf. its made me who i am. there are so many people my age who take their lives for granted. who think the world owes them happiness and who will not take responsibility for their own sense of purpose. they complain about how hard school is, how they don't know what they want to do in their future, how their jobs suck. sometimes i want to shake them and yell, "you can do ANYTHING!". they have great families, are fortunate enough to afford univeresity and nothing to tie them down. if you're in your 20's there are so many options. you have no responsibilities, you can travel and work, you can get jobs that you enjoy. i'm not bitching....or at least i'm trying not to. doors to oppertunities are closing to me and i have less and less choice about what i do everyday. but i still choose to choose. i have chosen to focus on my health. making myself a player in my life....rather than the byproduct of what has happened to me is empowering.

What in the heck would posess you to read something like that to begin with?

They were talking about her on CNN, so I looked her up. I'm the guy who gets lost on Wikipedia for hours, too, so once I started reading her LiveJournal I couldn't stop. I have a crippling fear that something will happen to my kid and I won't be able to save him. I have nightmares about it. It's like a full blown phobia. So the entire time I'm reading and watching her vids I'm thinking "How the fuck are her parents not insane?" I would go nuts.