Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

WTF One of the most depressing things I have ever seen.

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by Sarcasmo, Apr 27, 2010.

1. #1 Sarcasmo, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    http://65redroses.livejournal.com/343.html

http://www.65redroses.com/

This is simultaneously one of the most inspiring and horrifying things I have ever inflicted on myself. For the past hour I have been browsing this young woman's journal entries, the first of which appeared on July 15, 2006 and lasted up until she finally died from cystic fibrosis a month ago on March 27th. Perhaps this is symptomatic of our social obsession with voyeurism, but I can't deny its ther*peutic value to people suffering from similarly debilitating conditions. When no one else understands, you are forced to turn to those who do.

Many of her journal entries feature comments from people with names that are struck through, and I can only presume that those people have also since passed away. Some died during the course of their correspondence, and the entries which memorialize them are strewn with photographs of her sobbing and rambling, emotional outpourings.

The entire thing is a train wreck of humanity. I cannot even imagine such a thing happening to my son. My grief and fury would be beyond the scope of understanding.

Anyway, enjoy.

2. Just wanted to pop in and say I've been reading...

3. I'm reading it now too.

4. What in the heck would posess you to read something like that to begin with?

5. It's kind of interesting and she's pretty cute.

6. I guess Lifetime has viewers....

7. This is like a fascinating, little voyeuristic way to feel like shit about how selfish a person you are.

I'm in Feb. 2007 now.

8. Point?

9. I don't get why people purposely read/view really, really, really, depressing things.

10. It's not that.. it's like a happy/sad thing. Makes you think more about life, slow down and how simple things should be. It's not that we are looking for something to bring us down. :hs:

11. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

12. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

13. Must be a lady thing.

Seems like smashing your thumb with a hammer just to appreciate the rest of the time without a nail falling off and throbbing pain.

14. You're reeeeeeeaching. Plus look at who started this thread. Dudddde looks like a lladdddy

15. Exactly my point :fly:

16. I'm not a chicken soup for the soul or I just need a good cry type of person so I will not be reading it.

17. :hs: :hs:

18. They were talking about her on CNN, so I looked her up. I'm the guy who gets lost on Wikipedia for hours, too, so once I started reading her LiveJournal I couldn't stop. I have a crippling fear that something will happen to my kid and I won't be able to save him. I have nightmares about it. It's like a full blown phobia. So the entire time I'm reading and watching her vids I'm thinking "How the fuck are her parents not insane?" I would go nuts.

19. Simple solution: Don't watch CNN.