Thread One of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Is venison any good? I don't believe I've ever had any venison. Seeing all those deer makes me think about hunting season up here (which I think ended tonight for regular rifles, muzzle loaders still good for another week, maybe bow hunters).

i'm not a fan, beef or pork is a lot better. shit, they normally mix the stuff like 50/50 or something with ground beef or beef lard to make it taste better if that tells you anything.

Is venison any good? I don't believe I've ever had any venison. Seeing all those deer makes me think about hunting season up here (which I think ended tonight for regular rifles, muzzle loaders still good for another week, maybe bow hunters).

I've only had venison stew before. Fell in love with it.

Best one ever... what is not to like?

http://i.imgur.com/gNikS.jpg

They kinda look like a coupe version of the Ford Falcon XF.

HL8Se.jpg

Except deer hunters typically do it with their own.

I don't think I've actually ever seen deer for sale anywhere... Always eaten venison someone shot.

They sell it here at our Giant Eagle. I would assume any "marketplace" style grocery store will have it.

I almost came eating smoked venison steak a few weeks ago. fucking amazing.

When I was living in Minnesota, we did a wild game feed every year midway through Duck season. Built a smokehouse in the middle of our fathers hunting shack compound, and everyone brought something that they killed that year. I've had smoked bear (not bad. Like a salty brisket), duck, goose, pheasant, quail, salmon, walleye, rabbit, squirrel, etc. Smoked Venison was far and above my favorite. So damn tasty.