One deer down, 3 to go

Cougar meat is devine. Identical to pork. And bear is great too. A little fatty but it makes better sausage than any other wild game and when you render all the fat, it makes grease that makes the best pasteries. french chefs pay a mint for bear fat

I can't do greasy, fatty meats. :barf:

Sounds like you have never had meat that was taken care of properly. PM me your address and I'll send you a steak if I get enough to spare along with cooking instructions and I promis you, you'll change your mind. For a few months after deer season, I almost can't even stomach beef because I'm so used to the flavor of venison. I have had bad deer. I grew up with it. My dad would barely take care of the meat after shooting a deer and then cook it until it was gray all the way through. Bleh.

ygpm

Bacon's flavor overcomes some of the fattiness, but I still blot and drain it. A lot. Or strip the fat off altogether. I don't eat bacon very often at all. Maybe twice a year. Imagining an entire sausage or patty made of bacon is pretty disgusting to me.

Bacon's flavor overcomes some of the fattiness, but I still blot and drain it. A lot. Or strip the fat off altogether. I don't eat bacon very often at all. Maybe twice a year. Imagining an entire sausage or patty made of bacon is pretty disgusting to me.

You're dead to me.

Sounds like you are entering the dark side where I hang out.

Bacon ewww.

Whatever you do, don't overcook it.

Biggest mistake I see with venison.

This this 1000x this

That's what most people do and then bitch because it tastes nasty.

Marinate in buttermilk for 12-24 hours
Season with salt and pepper
Sear the outside on all sides in a pan with just a bit of butter
Cook for 2-4 minutes per side depending on thickness, just enough to warm the center
Rest 10 minutes
Slice and serve to your signifigant other with garlic rizoto and asparigus and a nice dry red wine

Profit?????