Tampa Once and Future Valves back in FL 3/4-3/8

yes. in fact she's more than capable of being entirely wonderful when the conversation doesn't revolve around her, her son, or the wedding. it's when she starts asking the same wedding-related questions over and over again in succession that it stresses me out. and when she interjects and tells me i have to do something a certain way. or she does or says something that grates on me to the point of raising my blood pressure- like telling me that MY guests will benefit from her putting "jacket and tie required" on her rehearsal invitation because "Otherwise they will come to dinner in jeans and a t-shirt looking like ca-ca". Um, my friends know better than that, and if she thinks that's a reflection of me then she can kiss my grits. (nevermind that i've seen people in there in jeans before)

this weekend, luckily and with the help of Valve pre-empting her wedding talk, the stress level was at a minimum. until she started coughing with her mouth open at dinner and got me sick. and then that bit about "well omg you need to see your mother before you get married". le sigh.

$10 dolla says she makes at least one uninvited stop by the honeymoon suite after the reception.

oh, haha. their anniversary is two days after our wedding. it's apparently a fine idea for us to make our first stop on our honeymoon to Boston to celebrate their anniversary with them.

i'm so not used to this. usually for family events i send a card/present/flowers, or call, or something. i haven't even been in the same state as my parents on either their birthdays, mothers/fathers day, or their anniversary in over a decade. to us it's just kind of just another day, and we don't really even make a gala out of it when we do get together, because that's just not how our family rolls.

oh yes i do. i grew up in that area and went to private school with them. trust me when i say that i feel absolutely inferior almost every day of my life :p

oh yes i do. i grew up in that area and went to private school with them. trust me when i say that i feel absolutely inferior almost every day of my life :p

Just mention the word 'Eugenics' and nod a lot as you talk to them. I'd use it with Florida republicans, but most of them think Eugenics is a new facial creme.

no. jacket and tie suffice. it's also going to be warm and humid right on the water in august. the BMs are wearing short dresses- there's no way i'd let them wear long ones and sweat to death in them

I'm fully expecting you to point out all your single female friends with loose morals and a crap tolerance for alcohol and cheesy pickup lines just as the open bar kicks off.

should i leave a roster for you in the hotel room? :lol:

i'll warn you. there aren't many single ones left. i'm kind of the late bloomer of the bunch :eek:

oh, haha. their anniversary is two days after our wedding. it's apparently a fine idea for us to make our first stop on our honeymoon to Boston to celebrate their anniversary with them.

I think a dual at high noon is in your future if you want to stop this kind of nonsense