Tampa Once and Future Valves back in FL 3/4-3/8

Hey all, sorry I didn't make it Saturday. Went out Friday night, and got a little irresponsible, but wound up taking care of some bidness that kept me delayed saturday am.

Hope you all had fun though. Next time. :)

Hey all, sorry I didn't make it Saturday. Went out Friday night, and got a little irresponsible, but wound up taking care of some bidness that kept me delayed saturday am.

We also went out the night before to First Friday and got stoopid. Zac got a bit sick in the morning, but we still made it. This makes you a:
loser.jpg

Next time, as in the wedding??

I cried for the afternoon because you weren't there. Jus sayin'.

You've been talking to my mom again on the guilt thing, haven't you.

she was fine, actually wonderful for almost all of the long weekend.

but then at dinner on saturday, she started trying to schedule valve's trips to see her until the wedding.

i held my breath through most of it. i have a shitload of work to do and no time to take off aside from wedding-related things for the rest of the year. and we were trying to tell her that that's the way it's going to be for the rest of the year. i could get by myself at home if need be, but since we're on this whole "wow we're getting married, we're a team, it's 'us' not 'you and me'" kick i've kind of said that it would be great to have him at home if i've got another 1000-hour study again this summer.

so she looked at him and said "well SURELY you're going to come up by yourself and visit your mother before you get married".

maybe i'm just pissy about this because i'm an only child and my parents are NO WHERE NEAR this bad when it comes to visitation. i haven't seen my parents for more than like 72 hours at a time since i moved out in 2002.

The Jeep Commander Hertz gave us is mind bogglingly bad. I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy one for a $33,000 base price.

I had a 2010 subaru legacy sedan while I was down there and it was surprisingly good

she was fine, actually wonderful for almost all of the long weekend.

but then at dinner on saturday, she started trying to schedule valve's trips to see her until the wedding.

i held my breath through most of it. i have a shitload of work to do and no time to take off aside from wedding-related things for the rest of the year. and we were trying to tell her that that's the way it's going to be for the rest of the year. i could get by myself at home if need be, but since we're on this whole "wow we're getting married, we're a team, it's 'us' not 'you and me'" kick i've kind of said that it would be great to have him at home if i've got another 1000-hour study again this summer.

so she looked at him and said "well SURELY you're going to come up by yourself and visit your mother before you get married".

maybe i'm just pissy about this because i'm an only child and my parents are NO WHERE NEAR this bad when it comes to visitation. i haven't seen my parents for more than like 72 hours at a time since i moved out in 2002.

not bridezilla, but momzilla? :fly:

Moms are weird about their baby boys.
no shit. my mother's going through chemo again and is confused why i want to go home and see her more. this was a drop-the-fork-and-point-and-fake-whine demand to see her.
not bridezilla, but momzilla? :fly:

oh. my. god. i haven't even told you about her conversations about the wedding. shoot me in the face :eekers: