On Wings of...

Some photos the guy sent me of the boat I'll be crewing on Saturday.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

probably 8 minimum. bow (me), mast, pit, trimmer 1, trimmer 2, runners, helm, floater (meaning multipurpose crew, not in the water). you could do it with less but having someone at each position is best whenever something goes wrong, and there are often extra people since more movable weight is a good thing. sometimes you have guys come along who do nothing but sit on the rail to help keep the boat flat.

Last edited:
Jonny is going to have a Joygasim as he steps on board.

It's pretty cool that you're advancing in something you obviously love.
totally. i'm preparing by experimenting with taping options to reinforce my still incompletely healed foot and looking in to cum-diaper options.

How is your foot doing?
heel is good, ankle is good. still working on getting used to putting pressure on the ball and toes. as such i'm looking at multiple strips of tape running from the ball of my foot, back under the heel and up the achilles tendon put in place with the foot parttially extended. the tape "tendons" are then attached at multiple points to my foot and lower leg. that way when i put pressure on the ball of my foot some of the pressure is taken up by the tape tendons. it feels pretty good but i'm mostly hoping to be much better by saturday.

I want to enjoy this thread, I just have no idea what's being discussed.
the last post was about the boat. It's a 39' sailboat designed by Farr Design Group, namely Bruce Farr.

I then explained what he designed it for. Sailboat racing isn't about being the fastest boat (though that's nice) it's about being the best sailed boat. Because of this there needs to be a way to compare boats of different design. For this there are handicapping systems that measure a boat and give it a rating based on its best theoretical performance. Due to differences in measurement systems a boat is generally designed to maximise performance as well as minimise its rating (so it receives a favourable handicapping) under a specific system. This boat in particular is designed to do well under the IMS rating system or the PHRF rating system.