Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
A crazy carbon-fiber sailboat.

picture.php

but it has more than 1 hull! it must suck :p
I used to see boats like that when I went to HS near newport...awesome sight to see in person

Last edited:
Holy crap that thing is heug! Oracle big into this stuff? I seem to remember reading that Larry Ellison is a semen.
BWM Oracle sponsor an America's Cup team (Larry Ellison runs it). That's the latest boat that they're hoping to race in the AC, except that there's currently a bunch of legal bullshit going on.

What you're seeing is basically the biggest, fastest day-sailor (no accommodations) ever built.

but it has more than 1 hull! it must suck :p
I used to see boats like that when I went to HS near newport...awesome sight to see in person
don't get me wrong, multihulls are fun and fast. i just prefer racing monohulls.
Jonny you must have been a pirate in a past life.
who knows about past lives, but for ancestors I had no pirates. At least one Royal Navy member and a few commercial sea captains though. I had a relative on the Shannon when she took the Chesapeake during the war of 1812.

In other Trimaran news: Sodeb'O with Thomas Colville at the helm has left Brest and begun her attempt to beat the solo round the world record.

sodebo%20go.jpg

Green Dragon, currently competing in the Volvo Ocean Race, broke her boom while sailing between South Africa and India. They're continuing with the broken boom, and are actually still holding third place. This is some ridiculous shit.

green%20dragon%20boom.jpg