On my way to work this morning...

itburnswhenipee said:
The inability to stay in your lane during a turn is one of my pet peeves. If any of you lazy bastards are listening right now, and you know who you are, here's a hint: There's a wheel in front of you... fucking turn it! Use both arms if you have to. I don't care if you have to put down your cell phone. I don't care if you'll spill your latte. If the force of the turn is too much then slow the fuck down. The lines are on the road for a reason you lazy, self absorbed sack of shit!

Going along with that, your car has the ability to take a turn at more than 5 mph. No matter what vehicle you drive.

itburnswhenipee said:
The inability to stay in your lane during a turn is one of my pet peeves. If any of you lazy bastards are listening right now, and you know who you are, here's a hint: There's a wheel in front of you... fucking turn it! Use both arms if you have to. I don't care if you have to put down your cell phone. I don't care if you'll spill your latte. If the force of the turn is too much then slow the fuck down. The lines are on the road for a reason you lazy, self absorbed sack of shit!
And don't get mad if someone honks at you for straying into their lane :rant:

Coqui said:
Going along with that, your car has the ability to take a turn at more than 5 mph. No matter what vehicle you drive.

Ugh, that makes me F'ing crazy.

People bring traffic to a dead stop because they can't negotiate a right turn without crawling along.

KNYTE said:

People bring traffic to a dead stop because they can't negotiate a right turn without crawling along.
As much as I hate full-sized vans and wish to see them banned from public roads during rush hour, I regularly see a couple guys who take theirs around corners at speeds that most of the feeb's in Boston with VW Golf's couldn't begin to hack

KNYTE said:

Im certain theres people around here that like to put it in park before they turn the wheels to negotiate an intersection turn.

Coqui said:

This is particularly evident on highway interchange ramps... and in Ohio.

It's a thrity foot wide, banked road there, Captian Courageous. You don't really need to stamp on the brakes creep along the ramp at twenty miles an hour!

One of the first things I was taught when turning was to accelerate and let the wheel/speed/car do the turning for you(straighten you back out). If that makes at all sense, kinda hard to explain right now for some reason?

Knocks on wood...
I have never caused a car accident or been in one. Very close a few times but ever since I was 8 my dad would force me to watch traffic as he drove. Made me such a good and aware driver even at the age of 15. Try driving from Canada to Florida 24 hours straight through without being able to take your eyes off the road at age 10. So basically without the wheel I drove from Canada to Florida at 10, lol.

BeeRad said:
One of the first things I was taught when turning was to accelerate and let the wheel/speed/car do the turning for you(straighten you back out). If that makes at all sense, kinda hard to explain right now for some reason?

Knocks on wood...
I have never caused a car accident or been in one. Very close a few times but ever since I was 8 my dad would force me to watch traffic as he drove. Made me such a good and aware driver even at the age of 15. Try driving from Canada to Florida 24 hours straight through without being able to take your eyes off the road at age 10. So basically without the wheel I drove from Canada to Florida at 10, lol.

I did $13,800,000 worth of damage and totaled 43 cars once.

on Burnout Revenge

ChikkenNoodul said:
They tend to put those up around here with only a foot of room or so to spare, I like to pretend I'm making the Death Star trench run and floor it when I go into 'em

:D
"Stay on target!"

The only time I get concerned about jersey wall is when I'm riding. I always like to plan an escape route in case some dumbass doesn't see me sitting on this giant, black motorcycle and decides to merge. The walls limit my options a bit.

itburnswhenipee said:
:D
"Stay on target!"

The only time I get concerned about jersey wall is when I'm riding. I always like to plan an escape route in case some dumbass doesn't see me sitting on this giant, black motorcycle and decides to merge. The walls limit my options a bit.
You have a Road King IIRC? Amazes me that people can miss those :confused:

My 'little' bike, sure :D

Fortunately there's none of those barriers on any of my current riding routes

ChikkenNoodul said:
You have a Road King IIRC? Amazes me that people can miss those :confused:

My 'little' bike, sure :D

Fortunately there's none of those barriers on any of my current riding routes

Yar... a road king... just paid it off, actually.

Doesn't really surprise me, though. Back when I spent most of my day driving from jobsite to jobsite I realized that no matter how big my vehicle is it's still mostly invisible to the people around me.

itburnswhenipee said:

Doesn't really surprise me, though. Back when I spent most of my day driving from jobsite to jobsite I realized that no matter how big my vehicle is it's still mostly invisible to the people around me.
True, particularly with all the folks that can't/won't look anywhere but dead ahead with the cellphones in their ear

itburnswhenipee said:

Nothing like those days when you feel liek youre riding around in wonder womans jet.