omg XMAS pics, yeah they're late

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0
I had forgotten ALL about these pictures residing on my hard drive, and the reason that I took them in the first place- to share among my fellow UF'ers.

The backstory- in Portland OR, there's this one street that has for as long as I can remember banded together in the spirit of the season and decorated their houses. Oh yes, it's quite the draw around here- horse-drawn carriages, miles of traffic, people flocking to look at this..... spectacle (?) by the thousands. Give you enough of an idea? On to the fun..........

So here I was casually walking along through the crowd, and I thought 'you know, no one is going to believe how many people are here' so I kinda hopped the little fence (smashing a lit plastic Snoopy in the process) and took a pic of the other idiots walking on the street that night. In the sub 30 degree weather :tard:

tards.JPG

Gives you some idea of what it's all about right?? I now submit for evidence of the coldness of that night, a picture that I couldn't stand still for because I was shivering so much :( Yeah, this was fun kiddies!

brrrrrr.JPG

Well, don't be too awfully surprised to know that the majority of these pictures are like that- blurry. Adding to that was car and van loads of tourists clogging the streets, not giving the pedestrians the right of way, honking, not turning their headlights off so everyone else could get a mild burn from the jiggawatts of light being put off from some of these houses.

fuckintourists.JPG

Another random pic of the chaos, blurry of course.

woooblurry.JPG

You know, I don't really know the whole story behind the people on this street doing this, but it's almost got to be a contest- WHO CAN HAVE THE MOST XMAS GARBAGE IN THEIR YARD? WHO'S GOT THE SPIRIT OF BLING? Alot of these people do. Tacky to the point of nausea..... and I was right there eating it all up.

xmasbling.JPG

At least someone got it right and had a standee of the Grinch......

yupthegrinch.JPG

And as we continued on I thought to myself 'we've got all of the normal icons of xmas here right? Obnoxious lights, animatronic snowmen to terrorize the kids, reindeer, santas, lollipops, candy canes etc..... but what about one of those extra tacky nativity scenes?' I was so glad that I wasn't disappointed, and caught this beauty on our way out :fly:

plasticjeebus.JPG

Once we got out of that madness, we were driving home and a bright glow on the distant horizon caught our eye. Carefully winding around on various sidestreets and highways, we made our way to yet another neighborhood that keeps a smile on power company executives faces. It was just awful.

holymotherof.JPG

Sorry for dredging up xmas shit in May.... but I couldn't NOT share and wait until next xmas.

Those giant inflatable characters are atrocious. And the fact that they've come up with enough for the insane people who buy them to have one out year round is even worse (I apologize ahead of time if any of you own one of them, I'm sorry you are dumb enough to do that :D ).

BigDov said:
I had a contact high from all the weed that people were smoking and just disregarded my body's need for warmth

Does the city come through in the morning and sweep all the frozen bodies off the streets?

ChikkenNoodul said:
:lol::lol::lol:

That's like mid-July for you

A couple weeks ago we were in the 70's and 80's for a few days. Then it dropped to the 30's and 40's I went to work this morning in a sweater. I thought it was pretty warm out because the sun was finally showing after a week of grey skies. Turns it it was in the mid 30's.

smileynev said:
A couple weeks ago we were in the 70's and 80's for a few days. Then it dropped to the 30's and 40's I went to work this morning in a sweater. I thought it was pretty warm out because the sun was finally showing after a week of grey skies. Turns it it was in the mid 30's.
Yeah, it's been slightly chilly here too but not that bad. Looks like I get to ride home in the rain tonight though - yay!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, it's been slightly chilly here too but not that bad. Looks like I get to ride home in the rain tonight though - yay!

You should get an umbrella for your bicycle.