Halp OMG Juli has lost the plot.

Totally.

Did you guys look at the SUV testing Consumer Reports did? I can't imagine any SUV performing well under those conditions.

I can't imagine they've put Jeep Cherokees or Minivans through the same thing, 'cause though fuckers WILL roll in those conditions..

the fact that on a few occasions the problems couldn't be replicated makes me wonder if they were simply "created".

Fed (or american car maker): "Hey dude, I'll give you 10K if you run your toyota into the back of another car and say it had faulty brakes."
Dude: "sounds good to me."

repeat 15 times across country and let's add a media storm to insure it.

the fact that on a few occasions the problems couldn't be replicated makes me wonder if they were simply "created".

Fed (or american car maker): "Hey dude, I'll give you 10K if you run your toyota into the back of another car and say it had faulty brakes."
Dude: "sounds good to me."

repeat 15 times across country and let's add a media storm to insure it.

It's not Toyota's fault American drivers are by and large, too distracted and or do not care enough to properly pilot a vehicle.

Guess we should all only buy Volvo's that will keep us in our lanes and stop the car if an accident is sensed.

Eventually we will be giving up the concept of driving altogether.

Can't argue with you there.

And it wouldn't bug me on interstates to be honest. Pull onto the interstate, and the car automatically assumes a position on the road 4 seconds from any other vehicle doing a comfortable 100mph.....

And implement computer control at stop lights too. Take out the yahoos that gun a light when they're obviously going to run it....as well as take out the idiots who wait 10 seconds after the light goes green to start moving.

And implement computer control at stop lights too. Take out the yahoos that gun a light when they're obviously going to run it....as well as take out the idiots who wait 10 seconds after the light goes green to start moving.

Some of that could be solved by not having ridiculously short yellow lights.

I follow the speed limit around town (Much to the chagrin of my fellow motorists I might add) and several of the lights around here require an unsafe stop if one were to try and stop before the light completely changed.

There ARE tons of blatant light runners, but having to stomp on the brakes and possibly not be able to stop until mid-intersection when the other lights turn green is more dangerous than proceeding through the yellow and making it to the other side before the light change.

Some of that could be solved by not having ridiculously short yellow lights.

I follow the speed limit around town (Much to the chagrin of my fellow motorists I might add) and several of the lights around here require an unsafe stop if one were to try and stop before the light completely changed.

There ARE tons of blatant light runners, but having to stomp on the brakes and possibly not be able to stop until mid-intersection when the other lights turn green is more dangerous than proceeding through the yellow and making it to the other side before the light change.

I agree but there's some where I've been in one lane and the other person in the other lane. I come to a complete stop, then 1 second later, they go zooming past me. Those are the ones I have issues with, not the short yellows.

Can't argue with you there.

And it wouldn't bug me on interstates to be honest. Pull onto the interstate, and the car automatically assumes a position on the road 4 seconds from any other vehicle doing a comfortable 100mph.....

You would never catch me in a vehicle on auto pilot doing 100mph (no pun intended).. No way, uh uh, not happening..

But I meant a ground based vehicle.. can it account for animals on the road? retard drivers who drive the wrong way up a road? Asian drivers?