omg i need wayne brady to choke a...

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,255
Steam
mattressfish
bitch. I've been trying since the middle of June to get my student loans consolidated. Citibank keeps cock blocking me and refuses to change my status from in-school to repayment, so that I can complete the consolidation.

:rant:

Anyone else ever do this?

ChikkenNoodul said:
My wife did it with hers a few years ago, it helped a lot
I just did it cause they are now switching to much higher variable rates, rather than fixed. The company I went with, my interest rate should be about 1.5%. :D

we are about to go through this thing, too. spange's loan is trying to tell him that he graduated a year ago, and that they deferred it then. ummm....NO! so he's got to go downtown to get the registrar to sign something saying he's been in school for the past year. :rolleyes:

if they'd just talk to ME.......

Thorn Bird said:
we are about to go through this thing, too. spange's loan is trying to tell him that he graduated a year ago, and that they deferred it then. ummm....NO! so he's got to go downtown to get the registrar to sign something saying he's been in school for the past year. :rolleyes:

if they'd just talk to ME.......
if you're a jew like me, you really should have consolidated by 6/30. The rate went up 2% since then and is now variable. I should have made a thread on it in June, sorry. :hs:

fly said:
if you're a jew like me, you really should have consolidated by 6/30. The rate went up 2% since then and is now variable. I should have made a thread on it in June, sorry. :hs:

well, i'm the one who does the homework on that kind of stuff (i'm VERY thorough and am a control freak,) and i just didn't have time for the headaches that go along with homework. half of his are interest-free and half aren't, so i didn't know if you could consolidate half a loan or what. it's also a gov't loan, and i thought those were supposed to have the best interest rate. i dunno. i guess i'm gonna start doing homework in a little while, eh?

Thorn Bird said:
well, i'm the one who does the homework on that kind of stuff (i'm VERY thorough and am a control freak,) and i just didn't have time for the headaches that go along with homework. half of his are interest-free and half aren't, so i didn't know if you could consolidate half a loan or what. it's also a gov't loan, and i thought those were supposed to have the best interest rate. i dunno. i guess i'm gonna start doing homework in a little while, eh?
This is who I'm refinancing with. http://www.uheaa.org/

They offer a 1.25% rate reduction by using auto-debit. Thats a HUGE savings right there.

JOIN THE BAN FASE INITIATIVE OF 2005!

That sucks about your loans man, banks are a bunch of greedy whores.

Thorn Bird said:
that's good to know. thanks for the info, and keep me posted, will ya?
Yep. Just make sure that he has loans with different companies, otherwise they will nail you with the single lender rule (which means if you only have 1 company, you can only refi with THAT company.)

fly said:
Yep. Just make sure that he has loans with different companies, otherwise they will nail you with the single lender rule (which means if you only have 1 company, you can only refi with THAT company.)

:eek: i think i'll need to call you when i get started with this crap. you know too much that i don't. the whole process is making me shuder already.

Thorn Bird said:
:eek: i think i'll need to call you when i get started with this crap. you know too much that i don't. the whole process is making me shuder already.
I happened across a thread over on FatWallet about this stuff. If I hadn't, I'd be paying 4.5% interest on about $30k right now. Which is good, until you compare it to the ~1.5% I will be paying now.

But yeah, gimme a call if you want. :heart: