• Total voters

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
*Pole coming*

Where do you stand in all of this? Who, what, where, why and how? What influenced you to believe what you do? Does it really matter in the end?

Buddy_Christ.jpg

I believe in God and his son Jesus Christ. I was raised LDS (mormon) but have studied for myself to get where I am (I don't just believe cause my parents tell me too), yes I do believe it all matters in the end and how we live on earth will determine our rewards in heaven.

why_ask_why said:
I believe in some sort of vague, generalized higher power...when it's convenient :lol:

++

I don't know as that I believe in most religions, but I have found that I think most atheists are idiots. (Granted, this could simply fall into the category of most people that want you to know their religion leave a lot to be desired.)

kiwi said:
I believe in God and his son Jesus Christ. I was raised LDS (mormon) but have studied for myself to get where I am (I don't just believe cause my parents tell me too), yes I do believe it all matters in the end and how we live on earth will determine our rewards in heaven.

since you are already "in", why not just sit on your butt until the rapture? :D

taeric said:
++

I don't know as that I believe in most religions, but I have found that I think most atheists are idiots. (Granted, this could simply fall into the category of most people that want you to know their religion leave a lot to be desired.)

From the atheists that I've spoken to, I'd have to agree.

kiwi said:
Yea, wouldn't that be nice. Unfortunately I don't believe it works that way.

Isn't the mormon faith the one that has a set number of souls that can actually get into "paradise?"

I'm spiritual but not religious. I can't look at nature, people, the universe, music, love, etc. without believing in a greater force. I just think there has to be a God in order for existence to have hundreds of thousands of complicated layers like it does.

I was raised Lutheran (The OGs of the protestant world) and I still go once in a while. But in general organized religion annoys the shit out of me. It's so political and petty and hypocritical. Religion effectively took the God out of God, and broke him down to the level of man, which is (or should be) sacrilegious. They each have their own agendas, their own motivations, and their own flaws. I've just never seen them as necessary. Your relationship with your maker doesn't need a referee or a middleman.

I think it's unfair you to say that belief in a higher power constitutes being religious. Spirituality and religion really have nothing to do with the other.

zengirl said:
I think it's unfair you to say that belief in a higher power constitutes being religious. Spirituality and religion really have nothing to do with the other.

I had spirituality as an option at first, but changed it thinking you guys would argue it the other way around. :sigh:

Sarcasmo said:
I'm spiritual but not religious. I can't look at nature, people, the universe, music, love, etc. without believing in a greater force. I just think there has to be a God in order for existence to have hundreds of thousands of complicated layers like it does.

I was raised Lutheran (The OGs of the protestant world) and I still go once in a while. But in general organized religion annoys the shit out of me. It's so political and petty and hypocritical. Religion effectively took the God out of God, and broke him down to the level of man, which is (or should be) sacrilegious. They each have their own agendas, their own motivations, and their own flaws. I've just never seen them as necessary. Your relationship with your maker doesn't need a referee or a middleman.
I couldn't have put it better myself. Get out of my head. :p