Olympics - Summer 2016

866e7ddd47ac0553c1cdcf94213fea08.gif

Thats not it. If you're American and don't like the place, change it. Anyone can do it with enough dedication. imho, too many people died for it to just abandon it...
The government is a lot more representative of the people than most people think. The response to that is more and more differentiation, people being more extreme in their ideas, which actually just drives the middle trend a long.

Major parties are not exactly insanely different, just the teeth gnashing is more vicious than ever.

Top 10 Reasons Chicago Didn't Get the Olympics

10. Dead people can't vote at IOC meetings
9. Obama distracted by 25 min meeting with Gen. McChrystal
8. Who cares if Obama couldn't talk the IOC into Chicago? He'll be able to talk Iran out of nukes.
7. The impediment is Israel still building settlements.
6. Obviously no president would have been able to accomplish it.
5. We've been quite clear and said all along that we didn't want the Olympics.
4. This isn't about the number of Olympics "lost", it's about the number of Olympics "saved" or "created".
3. Clearly not enough wise Latina judges on the committee
2. Because the IOC is racist.
1. It's George Bush's fault

(I didn't write it)

btw does anyone even care about the Olympics anymore? They keep dropping all the good event's and have a bunch most people haven't even heard of or could care less about.

btw does anyone even care about the Olympics anymore? They keep dropping all the good event's and have a bunch most people haven't even heard of or could care less about.

I used to love the olympics when I was a kid. Didnt even watch the greece ones though =/ I like obscure sports even, it was just so dragged out and so many advertisements.

its hard to promote chicago when the #1 story is about some kid getting beaten to death by school chums outside in the street.

...and theres a video floating around to watch.

I love the Olympics. The swimming and Track & Field events are my favourites.