Olympics - Summer 2016

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.
Marklar
₥43,516
I"m in Chicago & this place is nutz about what's happening today.

I'm kind of 'meh' about it.

in 2 hours we'll know.

captphoto12544510039564.jpg

It would be fun to go to a few events, but the view is better on TV & no traffic & fighting crowds.

Cleveland is getting the Gay Games 2014 :lol:

That's about as successful as we can bid.

we're having them in 2010. it will be balls. the whole downtown core has been fucked up for the last two years, it's only going to get worse.

translink has torn up street after street, killing small business and making our retarded traffic more retarded than before. gregor robertson is a stupid hippie, and is trying to eliminate congestion by closing down roads/bridge lanes and turning them into bike paths so that we can have the greenest olympics ever :/ so i guess everyone can snowshoe up to whistler because driving wouldn't be cohesive with his plan.

and then there are the budget overruns... :/ stupid olympics.

When they were in Salt Lake (while I was still living there) I never made it to any actual events, but we did a lot of the other things that came with it and I went to half a dozen medal ceremonies. It was really a lot of fun and not something you get to experience very often. The years of construction ahead of time did suck, but luckily I wasn't around for most of it.

COPENHAGEN (AP) - The race for the 2016 Olympics has came down to just Rio de Janeiro and Madrid, with the International Olympic Committee eliminating Chicago in a stunning first round of voting.

Tokyo was knocked out in the second round.

That left just Rio and Madrid still in the mix
. The IOC voted again to separate the two and elect a winner, which will be announced by IOC president Jacques Rogge later Friday.

Madrid's surprising success in reaching the final round came after former IOC president Juan Antonio Samaranch made an unusual appeal for the Spanish capital, reminding the IOC members as he asked for their vote that, at age 89, "I am very near the end of my time."

I enjoyed the olympics when they were here in atlanta. I was in a box with george steinbrenner for the women's gymnastics finals and in a box with ted and jane for the dreamteam finals. Also got into a box for Cuba vs. the US in baseball. We lost.