Ok....

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So I need to bitch for a moment.

My company has flown me out to Canada because we blew off a customer for long enough that now it is a crises.

The problem? We were leaking resources like a bloody sieve. I have managed to reduce that to a mere leaky bucket. What sort of thanks do I get from my company? My boss thinks I'm just making changes without understanding them and hoping to get lucky. This is the same fucker that is partly responsible for our programming using damned near 600 threads. The same guy that is responsible to patches we have made to third party software because they "didn't work right." The exact same patches I have had to take out because the fuckers weren't using the packages correctly.....

Yeah, is it wrong to want to leave a company after barely over a year?

nope, it's not. since everyone's replaceable in today's workforce, that means no one cares any longer about their employees. people have to take care of themselves these days, and if that means getting a new job, so be it!

Coqui said:
Can you go over him to someone else to talk about this?

Not really. The CTO is his best friend from Church. (I shit you not. There is a reason I hate those damned places.)

I could probably chat it up with the CEO. He likes me enough. And right now I have the protection of one of our account managers. Seriously, nobody says no to her. It is actually quite amusing. They will all talk about how she is just blowing smoke, but when she says something has to be done.... it usually is. :) The few times it hasn't been, weren't from lack of trying.

The funny thing is that they don't like me because I refuse to stay late every night "until it is done." I'm waiting for the next time they bring that up so I can ask them when the last time they delivered something on time was. Fuckers. :)

Ask them what their process is and where their documentation is. Whenever anyone gives me shit, I ask that, produce my process and documentation and everyone magically stops giving me a hard time.

Yeah, but you're in a position of authority. :) Me, I'm just a lowly programmer that doesn't understand the concepts of what we are doing. Or something like that.

That and the irritating thing about this is that I have been reduced to my intuition. I know having hundreds of threads is a bad idea, but I can't convince them of this. They want me to say that I've isolated the problem using the same testing procedures they supposedly use. It is hard to isolate any one thing in our product when the whole thing is borderline crap and briliance. Their "testing procedures" have produced dick in about two weeks, so I went with what I know. Lo and behold, I've started getting results. (We went from leaking about 4000 resources an hour down to 14.)

I didn't know Cirque Du Soleil was up here. I'll have to look into that.

And the problem with showing that this guy is an asshole is that everyone already knows that. Literally everyone not on Engineering dislikes him and the CTO. They respect their coding abilities, but that is it.

Speaking of Engineering departments... am I the only one that thinks it is stupid we have "software engineers?" Talk about feeling overly pompous.

taeric said:
I didn't know Cirque Du Soleil was up here. I'll have to look into that.

And the problem with showing that this guy is an asshole is that everyone already knows that. Literally everyone not on Engineering dislikes him and the CTO. They respect their coding abilities, but that is it.
Cirque started there. The Montreal one is supposed to be the awesomest.

And just be so nice about it that he knows what an asshole he is. And more importantly, so that he knows that EVERYONE else knows too.

It really is common knowledge that this dude is an asshole. I shit you not, I've been called simply because nobody wanted to deal with this guy. Hard for people to justify now, as he has been made the "director of engineering".

taeric said:
It really is common knowledge that this dude is an asshole. I shit you not, I've been called simply because nobody wanted to deal with this guy. Hard for people to justify now, as he has been made the "director of engineering".

I still don't understand why people like that get jobs like that.....