ok, movie thread.

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i am trying to add some movies to my queue and have no idea what some good ones are out there.
recommendations?

Nacho Libre was kind of funny....better than the previews made it out to be.
Try Death to Smoochy...also funny (in a dark way) but looked terrible in the previews.

I sent you a PM with my contact info so that you can add me to your buddy list. That's honestly the easiest way for me to make recommendations for you as you haven't told us what you like... :D

Oh, and I recently watched Layer Cake, fantastic movie, you should check it out.

Nacho Libre was kind of funny....better than the previews made it out to be.
Try Death to Smoochy...also funny (in a dark way) but looked terrible in the previews.

I'm trying not to internet stab you for mentioning Nacho Libre. Luckily, you redeemed yourself with Death to Smoochy.

Ok, I just can't resist, the urge is too overwhelming not to post it.

1964561c714c34d9.jpg

http://imdb.com/title/tt0072725/

I'd change it to Boss [ADMIN EDIT] if I had photoshop on this PC.

Last edited:
I am just going to list some of my favorites since I have no idea what you have or have not seen. Maybe the list will also help spark off some other recommendations from folks.

Tommy Boy
Dumb and Dumber
Neverending Story
Serenity
The Grudge (American and Japanese Version)
Dark Water (Japanese Version)
Space Balls
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Spanglish
Red Violin
Moulin Rogue
Dead Alive
The Evil Dead trilogy
28 Days Later
The Man In The Iron Mask
v for Vendetta
Traffic
Adaptation

I have a bunch more...but I feel like I am rambling on and on so I will stop and let you be. :D

Speaking of movies, anyone go to any of the horrorfest flicks this weekend?

Mrs. Chikken and I saw Wicked Little Things and The Hamiltons, neither one was really worthy of being "too disturbing for theatres"

I so wanted to go see some of those this weekend, but everyone I know is too much of a pussy. I should have just gone by myself....

I am just going to list some of my favorites since I have no idea what you have or have not seen. Maybe the list will also help spark off some other recommendations from folks.

Tommy Boy
Dumb and Dumber
Neverending Story
Serenity
The Grudge (American and Japanese Version)
Dark Water (Japanese Version)
Space Balls
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Spanglish
Red Violin
Moulin Rogue
Dead Alive
The Evil Dead trilogy
28 Days Later
The Man In The Iron Mask
v for Vendetta
Traffic
Adaptation

I have a bunch more...but I feel like I am rambling on and on so I will stop and let you be. :D

you darlin', are very close to what i like. i can live without the stupid comedies, but stuff like the red violin and 28 days later rocks. :clap: