Ok.... how is this possible?

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Looking over the headlines at CNN I found this little gem. How in the hell does stuff like this happen? I mean, I am all for believing in luck and what have you, but this goes beyond just lucky.

The sentance saying she hit face first really bothers the hell out of me. (Of course, that might explain the horrible picture of her. I mean, they could have at least gotten a picture of her smiling or aware of the camera.)

Anyway, any other crazy stories like this out there that people like?

Her face eggshelled and most of it was filled in with steel plates. I saw a clip earlier and basically the only part of her face that moved with ease was her eyes and mouth (kind of) Im betting it survived because she was only like two or three months pregnant then later then it would have been a gonner.

Ryokurin said:
Her face eggshelled and most of it was filled in with steel plates. I saw a clip earlier and basically the only part of her face that moved with ease was her eyes and mouth (kind of) Im betting it survived because she was only like two or three months pregnant then later then it would have been a gonner.

I don't think I'd touch anything about this situation with a bet. :) I'd have bet there was no way she could have survived. Much less a fetus.

b_sinning said:
Flat Face! Her having 6 teeth knocked out maybe a reason she's not smiling.

Fair enough. I'd have still tried to show a more flattering pic. Maybe from before the accident?

b_sinning said:
I would love to see a video of her hitting the ground.

It obviously exists. She said she was going to watch it. Myself, I'd probably skip on that one.

b_sinning said:
I'm hoping it looks something like Wile E Coyote hitting the ground.

I get the impression the video is from the ground. :) Still, seeing a puff of smoke from the plane would be awesome.

Can you imagine the stories. "Don't fuck with me and mom, we survived a fall off a plane."

taeric said:
I get the impression the video is from the ground. :) Still, seeing a puff of smoke from the plane would be awesome.

Can you imagine the stories. "Don't fuck with me and mom, we survived a fall off a plane."

I saw a clip of her falling (but not hitting the ground) last night on the news, it was filmed by another parachutist. The little bit they showed was pretty intense.

Drool-Boy said:
I saw a clip of her falling (but not hitting the ground) last night on the news, it was filmed by another parachutist. The little bit they showed was pretty intense.

I can only imagine. The fact that she is fully healed is freaky. I've heard of people getting paralyzed from landing wrong. That is with the parachute working correctly. I can't imagine landing without the chute and being pretty much fully functional in a year.

b_sinning said:
I'm hoping it looks something like Wile E Coyote hitting the ground.

Supposedly people bounce.

50mph really isn't all that fast though, she must've had a quite a bit of drag to stay at that low of a speed.

KNYTE said:
Supposedly people bounce.

50mph really isn't all that fast though, she must've had a quite a bit of drag to stay at that low of a speed.

Call me crazy, but 50mph is still pretty fast.

And I get the impression she had a chute that just didn't open correctly.

taeric said:

I'm not saying 50mph isn't "fast", but it's a crawl compared to the 120mph of a dead-weight falling body with no drag. A 50mph fall a lot of people could survive, 120mph and your bones get turned to mush on impact.

taeric said:

Ya her chute was open, and she was tangled in the ropes and went into one of those "death spirals".
They said she landed in a parking lot, which I found strange, because, you know, concrete is kinda hard.