ok all you health buffs...

You seem to not like the shake idea...

no, i do, but i need to look into the stupid carb content. i have a feeling that it's not going to be considered a protein but a carb for me. if i add milk or yogurt or fruit, bam...it's a carb then. :(

yes, i know...but this is a different situation where carbs are the most important thing to keep in check, and to help keep those in check, i need protein. so i was just looking for other options that i can eat as a straight source of protein. i'm thinking now that it's pretty limited to the stuff i've mentioned. :hs:

Why do you need to keep carbs in check? I know you need to cut out the high G/I carbs but what about the Low G/I Carbs? How do those affect you negatively?

no, i do, but i need to look into the stupid carb content. i have a feeling that it's not going to be considered a protein but a carb for me. if i add milk or yogurt or fruit, bam...it's a carb then. :(

ON Nutrition 100% Whey containts 2g of carbs with 1 g being sugar.

Contains 23g of protein, 1g of fat. 110 calories total.

ON Nutrition 100% Whey containts 2g of carbs with 1 g being sugar.

Contains 23g of protein, 1g of fat. 110 calories total.

is this a powder form or a shake already? i tried to look up nutritional information on GNC last night, but they don't offer that online.

and i have gestational diabetes, so i have to keep my blood sugar levels in strict check. as of yesterday, i was threatened with insulin. :( i pleaded for another week and was put on a pill that helps with that, so i'm desperate to keep carbs in check and protein in my system.

glyburide. as of this morning, it worked. (i seem to have problems with my fasting reading (right after i wake up, before i eat anything, my blood needs to read no more than a certain number), and i have problems two hours after i eat breakfast, which is supposed to be 30 carbs. i cut my carbs back to 15 carbs this morning and we'll see how i read then. but for some reason, i don't have MUCH problem with after lunch or dinner. :iono:

is this a powder form or a shake already? i tried to look up nutritional information on GNC last night, but they don't offer that online.

and i have gestational diabetes, so i have to keep my blood sugar levels in strict check. as of yesterday, i was threatened with insulin. :( i pleaded for another week and was put on a pill that helps with that, so i'm desperate to keep carbs in check and protein in my system.

The stuff I've seen is in a powder form.

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=384

Find a nutritionist and a personal trainer to help you put together a good workout plan and shake mix that will work best for you.

that's the stuff :o avoid the chocolate mint, it's not tasty :p

Don't buy from a GNC store. Ever. Complete ripoff, everything they have is available online for half the price. I don't know about your insulin levels or whatnot which is why I would strongly suggest a nutritionist consultation to get something figured out for you. Maybe I missed it while skimming the thread but why exactly do you need all this protein? A certified nutritionist will be able to put together a good diet supplement for whatever your needs may be. :)

can't you get it somewhat cheaply by purchasing it by the metric ton from sam's club or someplace like that?

I don't know, but I saw a small bag at 7-11 the other day for $8. I was wondering if we're in the midst of a meat shortage and no one told me.

My dad used to take me and the sibs out deer hunting and we would bring back a deer, gut it, and cut it up into strips and smoke it for what seemed forever. BEST JERKY EVER seriously.

Standard Atkins diet stuff. (although I do recommend the Zone diet more)

Duck, chicken, tuna, lamb, Apples, peaches, figs, strawberrys, cereal, tacos, nuts, etc...