Halp Oil changes, when and where

Not sure why that makes a difference

Car companies like to tell their customers that they HAVE to come to the dealership for an oil change. It's just toooo difficult for the average customer. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Car companies like to tell their customers that they HAVE to come to the dealership for an oil change. It's just toooo difficult for the average customer. :lol:

There's nothing you shouldn't be able to do unless you just flat out don't have the space (or tools) in terms of maintenance.

I thought brakes were difficult until I saw a video on how to do them.

In fact the hardest maintenance to do on my car IS an oil change. And that's only because of the placement of the oil filter. (on an SI, the filter is way up on the passenger side wheel well....and you have to contort your arm a little bit)

There's nothing you shouldn't be able to do unless you just flat out don't have the space (or tools) in terms of maintenance.

I thought brakes were difficult until I saw a video on how to do them.

In fact the hardest maintenance to do on my car IS an oil change. And that's only because of the placement of the oil filter. (on an SI, the filter is way up on the passenger side wheel well....and you have to contort your arm a little bit)
Yeah it's all pretty easy. Changing the transmission fluid is bit scary without a lift though.

Not on my car at least. I just need a level place to do it.

I think she's referring to the fact that being completely underneath a car to do the work without it being on something holding the entire thing up is the scary part. I used to have an isuzu trooper. Had so much clearance underneath it, I could slide under and do everything without even jacking it up. The lack of clearance on my Mustang is bothersome in the fact that any accident with the jack is guaranteed pancake.