FYI Ohio 'the man love' state!

Ohio, the man's state? Is this why families are leaving in droves? Is this why unemployment is still so high there and the jobs are leaving. because of equal opportunity and not male-exclusive jobs? Maybe the next modelling center should be Ohio, at least for male models. Maybe they can ship some in then.

Ohio, the man's state? Is this why families are leaving in droves? Is this why unemployment is still so high there and the jobs are leaving. because of equal opportunity and not male-exclusive jobs? Maybe the next modelling center should be Ohio, at least for male models. Maybe they can ship some in then.

Columbus is growing in population. Unemployment is dropping drastically, and lots of jobs are coming to Columbus. And models flock to Ohio. Remember, A&F, Victoria Secrets, Express, and various other clothing lines are based in Columbus.

Cleveland != Ohio. Don't make the rest of Ohio out to be the way Cleveland is. Since Cleveland's economy was based solely off of industry, that's why it's in trouble. Columbus is a very large center for medical, financial, industry, culinary, law, and technology

Columbus is growing in population. Unemployment is dropping drastically, and lots of jobs are coming to Columbus. And models flock to Ohio. Remember, A&F, Victoria Secrets, Express, and various other clothing lines are based in Columbus.

Cleveland != Ohio. Don't make the rest of Ohio out to be the way Cleveland is. Since Cleveland's economy was based solely off of industry, that's why it's in trouble. Columbus is a very large center for medical, financial, industry, culinary, law, and technology

No, I was basing Ohio from Cleveland + Toledo + Lima + Cinnci + Athens + Youngstown + Sandusky + Dayton. Columbus is the ONLY exception.

No, I was basing Ohio from Cleveland + Toledo + Lima + Cinnci + Athens + Youngstown + Sandusky + Dayton. Columbus is the ONLY exception.

I forgot we're big on insurance too. And Athens is all about the University anyways, Youngstown is owned by the Mafia, Sandusky has a huge market right now (Cedar Point opened up for the season), Cincinnati has Proctor & Gamble always hiring.

ouch :lol:
from the comments section

Look, I was born and raised in Cleveland. We have great food, beer (best micro-brew in the U.S.), hospitals, colleges, museums, die-hard sports and music fans, low commute times, a fantastic park system, cheapest golf in the country, affordable housing, boating on lake Erie, low cost of living......blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that there are no jobs, the government is corrupt and the weather averages amongst the lousiest on the planet. Higher wind speeds than Chicago, more rain than Seattle, winters as cold as Minneapolis, as much snow as North Dakota.

Building a Med-Mart or convention center is a complete waste of time. What? - for the 3 months a year the place is actually inhabitable? What a joke. Why go to Miami, Orlando or Vegas - when you can go to Cleveland!?!? What a friggen joke.

There's a reason this town was built on manufacturing and steel production - hard working people and no other attractive way to use the land. Now we have shopping centers built on the land where the steel mill used to be. Than makes a lot of sense - send the jobs to china and build us a Wal-Mart on the site of the former manufacturing hub. Great - our unemployed can go buy Chinese products.

I can't wait to move.

ouch :lol:
from the comments section

Yeah, I really liked that and feel everything he's saying but I do take exception to his low cost of living. After moving to Houston I can say it's actually HIGHER cost of living in Cleveland. The food is cheaper here, as well is gas. There are far fewer taxes and no need for very expensive natural gas bills. I am saving almost $300 a month in taxes since my move to Houston.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really liked that and feel everything he's saying but I do take exception to his low cost of living. After moving to Houston I can say it's actually HIGHER cost of living in Cleveland. The food is cheaper here, as well is gas. There are far fewer taxes and no need for very expensive natural gas bills. I am saving almost $300 a month in taxes since my move to Houston.

Cleveland was a lot higher cost of living than Columbus too. Maybe he was comparing it to New York or LA?

Cleveland was a lot higher cost of living than Columbus too. Maybe he was comparing it to New York or LA?

That's a lie. Your housing, utilities, and food/gas costs are higher than Cleveland. How is C-bus cost of living less?

That's a lie. Your housing, utilities, and food/gas costs are higher than Cleveland. How is C-bus cost of living less?

Housing wasn't higher until the crash hit Cleveland. From my own experiences food and gas weren't higher. It's been a while since I've been to Cleveland so I might be mistaken on that. And I've never paid a utility bill in Cleveland so I can't vouch for that.