Oh wise UF, I need your sage-like advice

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, there's gonna have to be a shake up with that - particularly with the model end clearances coming earlier and earlier.

I remember years ago when I used to get magazines 4 months before the date on the cover, seems to be almost back to normal now

Thats part of the reason I wasn't sweating not buying a car now, theres always a few left over. hell theres a few dealerships around here that still have one or two brand new 2005s left.

As for everyone releaseing 2008s early, I think its just more because of the fact that econo cars are starting to get popular again. Think about 1993-96 when SUVs were getting popular and several people jumped model years early to compete. We now have Honda and Nissan jumping on the gas miser bandwagon. I mean seriously if it wasn't for the fact that people want cars that are light on gas now the fit and versa would have been out years ago.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Aren't most of those 'new' cars form Honda and Toyota just rebadged/styled versions of models they've sold overseas before?

yep...the fit and yaris have been sold for years elsewhere

I rented a yaris in france a couple years ago