Oh wise UF, I need your sage-like advice

KNYTE said:
I think I've leaned away from the Sportbike for this year. We're going to be finally out of debt this month, I think I want to wait a while before I jump back into more.

So I'm getting an M4 and then I'll wait til next bike season to look at getting a bike.
probably a good call

especially once you start pricing insurance :eek:

edit: you could visit me some time, I'll teach you some kung fu, brazilian ju jitsu and you can ride my bike :D

If you know that the car is solid then just start saving the money especially if you say you can have 9k in three years. The worse that can happen is that you have something major go out on it. In that case at least now you have a down payment.

The only way I can see going ahead anyways is if you were planning on getting a new car anyways, or you are kind of like me and my ZX2, its high in mileage but because its a Ford you know its a matter of time. For the record, I know you drive a protege but believe it or not the ZX2 and a Protege has a lot in common.

Another reason im considering is just to extend my credit history more. A long term goal is for me to buy a house around the time I turn 30. Other than the car I have now and a few credit cards I dont have a ton of good history, so I figure two flawless payment histories of cars would work in my favor five years from now. However im rebuilding credit so unless you've done something in the past that damaged it some you may not have to go that far.

elpmis said:
probably a good call

especially once you start pricing insurance :eek:

edit: you could visit me some time, I'll teach you some kung fu, brazilian ju jitsu and you can ride my bike :D

So, is your girlfriend gonna be around so I have someone to entertain me while you and Knyte "ride your bike"?

Ryokurin said:
Another reason im considering is just to extend my credit history more.

The second you pay off the car note you'll find credit offers coming thick and fast. Also, getting a house loan should be more or less of a non-issue. They'll give money to just about anybody nowadays.

KNYTE said:
I think I've leaned away from the Sportbike for this year. We're going to be finally out of debt this month, I think I want to wait a while before I jump back into more.

So I'm getting an M4 and then I'll wait til next bike season to look at getting a bike.
Buy a bike BEFORE bike season, better deals++

When it's cold and snowy, dealers (And some private sellers) are easier to deal with.

I couldn't wait myself :fly:

why_ask_why said:
imo, that isn't really that great a deal on the new car...you can get under invoice, especially on a ford
It's not, I've paid well below invoice on my last two cars (Saab and Subaru)

I've got a corporate discount with GM but I can easily get better deals than what that gets me.

You should wait 'till it dies++ Plus there's all them sexy new '08 models that'll be out next year :hi2u:

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's not, I've paid well below invoice on my last two cars (Saab and Subaru)

I've got a corporate discount with GM but I can easily get better deals than what that gets me.

You should wait 'till it dies++ Plus there's all them sexy new '08 models that'll be out next year :hi2u:

They can't keep that up, though. The new models keep coming out earlier and earlier. Before long cars will be on the marker two, three, even five years ahead of their alleged model years. It'll be anarchy!!!!

elpmis said:
did u end up getting a sportbike?

I finally rode the guy's 03 Katana I was considering and just couldn't stand it.

For whatever reason it seemed like there was way more helmet buffering than any sport bike I had ever been on (maybe it was because I was hung over). It also sat too low for me, being 6'2'' I need something a little higher off the ground. I'm looking at a used 04 Honda CBR 600RR right now - but I dunno.

red like this one:
You've ridden enough, take a look at a Hayabusa with your height.

I didn't find it as comfortable as the ZX-14, felt like the reach to the bars was a bit too much longer but I'm 5'11ish.

It'll be more comfortable for HFS as well as you, and you don't have to blow past 10,000RPM to feel like you're moving

ChikkenNoodul said:
You've ridden enough, take a look at a Hayabusa with your height.

I didn't find it as comfortable as the ZX-14, felt like the reach to the bars was a bit too much longer but I'm 5'11ish.

It'll be more comfortable for HFS as well as you, and you don't have to blow past 10,000RPM to feel like you're moving
There's no question the ZX-14 is the most comfortable sportbike on the planet - but I'm not trying to spend $10,000+ on a bike right now

Haven't sat on a Hayabusa but it's also out of my price range

ceiling fly said:
Friends dont let friends buy katanas.

hsnknife1.gif