GAY Oh look, another AIDS thread

This happened last week and is an example of why it's important that people be forced to release that information. Granted this guy was a prostitute but if there were tougher laws in effect they would be able to treat it more as a crime than they can now and possibly prevent the spread. That is the basic thing they are trying to do. It's not about invasion of privacy or anything like that it's basic protection of the public from a deadly disease that have almost a 100% kill rate. That protection comes from having all of the information possible by anyone infected to prevent possible spread. This should be the same thing from any disease that comes with an almost guaranteed death sentence.
It's also not some "gay" thing. It applies to just about any infectious disease where there is an element of public hazard. Typhoid Mary didn't spend 40 years on an island off NY because they felt like locking her up. She actively went around infecting people while denying being sick.

It's also not some "gay" thing. It applies to just about any infectious disease where there is an element of public hazard. Typhoid Mary didn't spend 40 years on an island off NY because they felt like locking her up. She actively went around infecting people while denying being sick.

Exactly. The whole gay thing for Aids ended in the early 90's

This happened last week and is an example of why it's important that people be forced to release that information. Granted this guy was a prostitute but if there were tougher laws in effect they would be able to treat it more as a crime than they can now and possibly prevent the spread. That is the basic thing they are trying to do. It's not about invasion of privacy or anything like that it's basic protection of the public from a deadly disease that have almost a 100% kill rate. That protection comes from having all of the information possible by anyone infected to prevent possible spread. This should be the same thing from any disease that comes with an almost guaranteed death sentence.

DENVER - Police say prostitution is increasingly becoming a problem along parts of Colfax Avenue. Wednesday afternoon, undercover SWAT team agents arrested 14 people for prostitution - 13 women and a cross dressing man named Darren Garcia who has AIDS.

"The undercover officer contacted Garcia and an exchange for sex was made," Lieutenant Aaron Sanchez said.

It turns out, Wednesday's arrest wasn't Garcia's first. 9NEWS uncovered documents that show Garcia has been arrested eight different times for prostitution. Three of those arrests show that Garcia knew he had the deadly virus.

"In six of the other cases, he was in Adams County and he didn't acknowledge [he had AIDS] and enough evidence wasn't obtained to find out that he was HIV positive," Sanchez said.

Garcia's Aunt says she has tried warning her nephew to stop prostituting, but she says he would not listen. The aunt says she apologizes to the community on behalf of her nephew.

The District Attorney's office says they will be reviewing the case as a habitual charge which would carry a maximum sentence of nine years in prison.

this is why prostitution needs to be legal

There was a real Russian secret project called "INFEKTION" that was a disinformation campaign to spread the idea the US Government created AIDS.

Is ZRH really a UF bot that posts random information about topics that are posted?

So if I get the flu the CDC will ask me questions, call me, tell me to stay indoors, and document every person I have been in contact with since the last arbitrary date?

Do you want to stop the spread of aids or not?

It's as simple as that.

DENVER - Police say prostitution is increasingly becoming a problem along parts of Colfax Avenue. Wednesday afternoon, undercover SWAT team agents arrested 14 people for prostitution - 13 women and a cross dressing man named Darren Garcia who has AIDS.

"The undercover officer contacted Garcia and an exchange for sex was made," Lieutenant Aaron Sanchez said.

It turns out, Wednesday's arrest wasn't Garcia's first. 9NEWS uncovered documents that show Garcia has been arrested eight different times for prostitution. Three of those arrests show that Garcia knew he had the deadly virus.

"In six of the other cases, he was in Adams County and he didn't acknowledge [he had AIDS] and enough evidence wasn't obtained to find out that he was HIV positive," Sanchez said.

Garcia's Aunt says she has tried warning her nephew to stop prostituting, but she says he would not listen. The aunt says she apologizes to the community on behalf of her nephew.

The District Attorney's office says they will be reviewing the case as a habitual charge which would carry a maximum sentence of nine years in prison.
:lol:

Prostitution has ALWAYS been a problem along Colfax...

I have no idea what you find so baffling about my stance on squatting. Empty, unused building sits there for years, after 4/5 years people live in it for a while, if the owner wants it back then they can have it back if they want to actually do something with it. It's not hard to understand. I don't advocate, as some people here would like to believe, people going into someones ACTUAL house and taking it over, that shit is completely wrong.

Dave's gay rights stances are just about as odd as Nemo's thoughts on squatting rights.
Nemo's squatting ideas are sorta in line with UK case law.

ETA: Or not o_O :facepalm:

Last edited:
Nemo's squatting ideas are sorta in line with UK case law.

ETA: Or not o_O :facepalm:

Somewhat.

If the owner wants the place back then can have it back legally unless it passes something like 27 years, in which case their property is handed over to the squatters (never happens obviously). I disagree with people spculating and buying up land that could be used when there is a huge housing shortage and increasing waiting lists for appropriate housing for people. I see no problem in people finding a place where they can be relatively safe and warm in comparison to the streets, when it's sitting right in front of their face. I don't agree with damaging property or anything accepted as completely immoral, although some here would like to pretend I do.

The Olympic rent issue is a travesty. I was reading about it yesterday. "You can live here, but you have to move out this summer so we can rape some foreigners for a while. Then you can move back in. Or you can choose to stay and pay 6000% rent! Either way someone's gonna get rammed up the ass!"

I can't believe England doesn't have rent controls. Seems like something they would want.

The Olympic rent issue is a travesty. I was reading about it yesterday. "You can live here, but you have to move out this summer so we can rape some foreigners for a while. Then you can move back in. Or you can choose to stay and pay 6000% rent! Either way someone's gonna get rammed up the ass!"

I can't believe England doesn't have rent controls. Seems like something they would want.

Yeah, rent and affordable housing is a serious issue in the country right now. I was looking around for houses just this morning and my house I moved into in August 2010 is over £100 cheaper than anything equivalent right now. That's quite a bit of inflation. Then factor in that the welfare reforms mean rent money (given by the government to disabled and unemployed people etc) is dropping dramatically and you're going to end up with a serious homeless issue.