Tampa Oh hot damn

Although if it excludes double meat and cheese, bacon, and guacamole I'd be pretty much getting a "deal" on 80 cents worth of bread, lettuce, tomato, onions, oil & vinegar, salt-n-pepper.

South Philly is loaded with mom & pop hoagie shops. Some of the best I've ever had when compared to anything chain.
I wish all you cats lived closer.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I hear lots of people say Wawa makes great sandwiches and hoagies. But I've lived with Wawa food for near 30 years and its low rate when compared to places like Tony Luke's or The Pork Shack.

• Gravy
5%- true story-

HEB is the supermarket of Texas. Every town has one. It's the initials of the original guy who started the business back in 1905. H.E.BUTT. yes, his last name is butt.

When I first moved down here I had a bank account back in Minnesota and an ATM card for it with me down here. Had the mail for it going to my parents house still.

My mom called me one day sounding rather concerned that I was spending so much of the little I had saved at a place called "he butt". It took some convincing that that was actually a grocery store (pre-internet days).

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
South Philly is loaded with mom & pop hoagie shops. Some of the best I've ever had when compared to anything chain.

Never been, but if I ever make it to the northeast, it's on the list of mandatory stops, both for the history and the food.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
5%- true story-

HEB is the supermarket of Texas. Every town has one. It's the initials of the original guy who started the business back in 1905. H.E.BUTT. yes, his last name is butt.

When I first moved down here I had a bank account back in Minnesota and an ATM card for it with me down here. Had the mail for it going to my parents house still.

My mom called me one day sounding rather concerned that I was spending so much of the little I had saved at a place called "he butt". It took some convincing that that was actually a grocery store (pre-internet days).

Might have been better if it was called Big Willie's.

• Gravy
I grew up in a town that at some point or another had the highest percentage of Italian peeps in the state so I was spoiled.

Sheetz made it out your way yet? Better Wawa basically, last time I compared years ago.