WTF Oh great. I just signed up for a 16 week healthier lifestyle change thing.

i don't have either.

salt, pepper, mustard, other random stuff, meat stuffs, etc... i have some microwave burritos but i'm pretty good at microwaving so i don't think i'd need to put them in a crockpot.

Dude, head to a regular grocery store.
1 "Whole Pork Loin" it's 3-5ish pounds.
or
3-4 lbs of skinless chicken thighs (ripping off the skin isn't too hard, then trim the fat a little. totaly ripping/trim time=5 minutes.)

PLUS
1 large Onion, chopped
1tsp salt,
1tsp pepper,

in the crockpot on high for 3.5 hrs, or low for 6-8 hrs. (it's done at 6, can stay in easily until 8hrs)
When it's done, shred it (pork or chx.)

1 serving: Get a bottle of bbq and buns. have at it. (cheese optional)
2nd serving: tacos (yes, you'll want shredded chz, hot sauce, salsa)
3rd serving: with Fettucini alfredo. Cook the pasta, microwave the meat for 30 or so seconds, warm up any pasta sauce.

Bam.

Or, for me, just put some of the leftovers in small ziplock bags and freeze it. When you want it a week later, its one serving.

10x healthier.

Crockpots are super cheap AND you can get them at HomeDepot grunt grunt. :lol:

i don't have either.

salt, pepper, mustard, other random stuff, meat stuffs, etc... i have some microwave burritos but i'm pretty good at microwaving so i don't think i'd need to put them in a crockpot.
i would also need some type of fork, and probably something to store the extras in. the list really adds up.

Ahahahahahahhahaaaaaaa this was awesome

So, I probably have to have someone over to try this.

I don't really do pre-prepared recipes to often. Which means when I try something different based on what I think will happen, it does something different. One common result is me taking too much marinade, cooking it down until it reduces to a carmelization over whatever I'm cooking, and serving it over either rice or noodles.

But I've done it so much that I've kind of taken it to a science.

So tonight, I was thinking "Stir fry, sounds good" except I don't fucking know how to stir fry correctly. go figure.

So, I took 2 lbs of fat chicken breast, half an onion, half a red pepper, half a green pepper, and half a cup of sliced mushrooms. I marinated the chicken breasts in a gluten free stir fry marinade for 30 minutes. Did the vegies in a marinade for 10 minutes. at 30 minutes, poured it all into the big ass 12" deep dish pan I have, then cooked it for 35 minutes over way to many variations of heat and cover. (5 minutes at 7 to get it to heat. 10 minutes at full, covered, to bring it to a right boil, 5 minutes at 7 uncovered to slow reduce, then 10 minutes at full to reduce it drastically for a frying heat to fully cook the meat, then 5 more minutes at level 3 to finish the cooking). The end result was a dramatic reduction of the stir fry sauce. end result was a complete carmelization of the veggies and chicken. But the veggies weren't crip. They were a suppliment.

All served over rice.

but, the temp variances is what prevented it from burning (I've done this enough at this point so I leanred how to not make it taste like burned shit). I also do half a lime squeezed then let the core, skin and all, cook with the veggies and chicken, then add the other half about 25 minutes in.

It's weird. It's obviously not stir fry as the veggies aren't even crisp/ but the flavor is fucking full. For people with a delicate palate, this would be ovewhelming. But if you have a robust palate, that savors strong flavors, It's pretty damn good.

I think I need to invite some victims over to see if they think it's as good as I do.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Amstel
So, I probably have to have someone over to try this.

I don't really do pre-prepared recipes to often. Which means when I try something different based on what I think will happen, it does something different. One common result is me taking too much marinade, cooking it down until it reduces to a carmelization over whatever I'm cooking, and serving it over either rice or noodles.

But I've done it so much that I've kind of taken it to a science.

So tonight, I was thinking "Stir fry, sounds good" except I don't fucking know how to stir fry correctly. go figure.

So, I took 2 lbs of fat chicken breast, half an onion, half a red pepper, half a green pepper, and half a cup of sliced mushrooms. I marinated the chicken breasts in a gluten free stir fry marinade for 30 minutes. Did the vegies in a marinade for 10 minutes. at 30 minutes, poured it all into the big ass 12" deep dish pan I have, then cooked it for 35 minutes over way to many variations of heat and cover. (5 minutes at 7 to get it to heat. 10 minutes at full, covered, to bring it to a right boil, 5 minutes at 7 uncovered to slow reduce, then 10 minutes at full to reduce it drastically for a frying heat to fully cook the meat, then 5 more minutes at level 3 to finish the cooking). The end result was a dramatic reduction of the stir fry sauce. end result was a complete carmelization of the veggies and chicken. But the veggies weren't crip. They were a suppliment.

All served over rice.

but, the temp variances is what prevented it from burning (I've done this enough at this point so I leanred how to not make it taste like burned shit). I also do half a lime squeezed then let the core, skin and all, cook with the veggies and chicken, then add the other half about 25 minutes in.

It's weird. It's obviously not stir fry as the veggies aren't even crisp/ but the flavor is fucking full. For people with a delicate palate, this would be ovewhelming. But if you have a robust palate, that savors strong flavors, It's pretty damn good.

I think I need to invite some victims over to see if they think it's as good as I do.

Firstoff, what is this faggotry.

gluten free stir fry marinade

ungravy.

Second, Stir fry is tough to do without a gas stove, and a nice wok. The wok helps solves pretty much all the problems you had, in that once things reach appropriate crispness, you push them up the side of the pan, and they basically stop cooking at that point.

Cook from longest to shortest cooking time, stopping early on everything, such to condense the sauce for the final cooking stage.

Yeah, once it was done, i realized that if I wanted to actually stir fry it i would need to do 2 things.

1, drain any unabsorbed marinated

2, stage the adding of ingredients. heat pan, add chicken, sear, lower heat, add veggies, high vigor stire, add rice, flip contents 5 minutes constant, serve.

I get that. Doing is learning.

yep yep. But as you noticed, even if it all turns into generic brown mush, its still pretty darn tasty

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
and whatever, the gluten free was a side effect of the best stir fry sauce I could find at the store I was at :p

Dear God I had a similar experience. I had some can of 'organic' chopped tomatoes and my neurotic sister was all 'see, I knew I could change you!' I laughed uncontrollably until I could get out, "They were on clearance. I bought them for the price. IDGAD about organic. I just needed chopped tomatoes. "